train derails in netherfield

Anyone seen/heard the news this morning about two carriages of a 30carriage frieght train derailed this morning at Carlton station/netherfield crossings. I haven't seen the damage but apparently it's caused a little chaos around netherfield. I did wake this morning as I do most mornings and heard the most horrid noise to find what the noise this morning.

No ones been harmed, just shaken up.

Lots on twitter about it and a pic of the freight wagons stuck across the level crossing . Network rail not sure how long it will take to remove . Could be days .Someone says its "traffic carnage" in the area and buses were dropping of at Dr. Parks Corner

Lots on twitter about it and a pic of the freight wagons stuck across the level crossing . Network rail not sure how long it will take to remove . Could be days .Someone says its "traffic carnage" in the area and buses were dropping of at Dr. Parks Corner

Carnage: 'The killing of a large number of people'

It was that bad, eh?

No doubt there will be days of investigations and enquiries with lots of self promoted little nobodies resplendent in their Hi Viz jackets.

Just get the two wagons on- track and open the route up again!!!!

• Upvote 1

Took a detour on my visit to co op... A long detour to be nosey. Had paige with me who loves trains so she was quite happy to see one quite close and one of the workmen was nice enough to talk her about the train andi grabbed a couple of pics which I'll share when I get on the laptop as I'm not sure how to do it via my phone

you can still get there bubblewrap. they have replaced the trains with busses

I don't like buses much

Loughborough - Nottingham is my limit.

Besides I'm a big railway enthusiast have been since I was about five I'm now approaching 65 .

I could buy a rover ticket & go via Leicester & Peterborough. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

What happened to engineering crews? In the good old days of the Big Four and later BR, a steam crane would have been on the spot within hours. The waggons would have been re-railed and off to their destination before you could say 'Privatisation'!

As a matter of interest, how long did it take to re-rail the waggons and clear the line? Or are they still there?

It was all the train was gone the next day, and work was carried out again for a few nights after as the line was a mess, the ground collapsed due to a collapsed pipe underneath

Compo. The last time I saw Toton's steam crane was in 1979 when the huge tower lighting structures were erected at Nottingham Carriage sidings. I was on duty that Sunday and they also employed a more modern crane. I've no idea what happened to that steam crane but suspect it is probably somewhere like Butterley.