summut serious

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Got your pm Andy. It lets me reply if I immediately hit reply. If I just click on your name, I can write a message, but when I hit send it tells me you can't receive messages. Seems like some kind of glitch on the messaging system.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quickie to let you know I am out of hospital after the op. In a bit of pain so although I will look in over the next few days, I'll limit my posts until things improve a little. Good news is ........... I still have my best bits.

• Upvote 10

Whatever happens, I don't do defeat. I'll go down fighting. Trouble is, while I am having to rest, I become restless and bored. Pity my poor wife.

• Upvote 2

Had a rough night last night. Trouble is, I usually lie on my left side, but that's where the op was. I have some stronger pain killer but it makes me fly round the lampshade so driving is out of the question. Felt a lot better today though.

I a coupla weeks time I'll be cartwheeling down Wigman Road (LOL).

• Upvote 2

All my family came to my home yesterday as my youngest son was staying over the weekend. My daughter wasn't too happy though as her appointment at the City Hospital, for next Thursday, has been cancelled. She is due to have her baby next Thursday but has been told that there will be strike action on that day. Let's hope the baby is good and stays where it is until the strike action is over and they can get my daughter into hospital. Women don't want this kind of stress so near to the birth of their child.

• Upvote 1

Michael,I am sure that if the baby decides to make an entrance they will be there to look after her. I imagine it will be routine or non emergency appointments that are cancelled. I know It is an extra worry for your Daughter and you all, but I'm sure she will be looked after. Best wishes to you and your family.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your nice comments, carni and darkazana. My daughter was due to go into hospital on Thursday for a Caesarean but, due to the strike action on that day, is now going in on Friday. Her daughter, Phoebe who was born last December, is always laughing and is a little treasure. :happy:

• Upvote 5
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone goes for radiotherapy whilst on benefits you can claim your petrol,forms on reception,claimed from finance opposite,you need stamp and signiture from radiotherapy reception.

Another health warning on the TV this morning. Daffodil bulbs are to be shelved away from food because some people seem to think they're onions or something. Not as stupid as it may sound. A friend of mine ate the bulbs by mistake and was hospitalized but he's coming out in spring.

• Upvote 6

Another health warning on the TV this morning. Daffodil bulbs are to be shelved away from food because some people seem to think they're onions or something. Not as stupid as it may sound. A friend of mine ate the bulbs by mistake and was hospitalized but he's coming out in spring.

You were listening to Radio Nottingham. 😀

# 548 Not in Norfolk I wasn't. It is a very old joke though, similar to one about a man who was hospitalized after swallowing a vacuum cleaner. He was very ill but is picking up well now.

• Upvote 2