Our Robin gets everywhere!

166eac91-be64-466d-b715-986d00061b1b.jpg

We had a ride out to Ironbridge near Telford, Shropshire this morning for an ice-cream; as usual. I thought maybe you would be interested to see the name of this pub... as you can see our Robin gets everywhere!

• Upvote 3

Not quite the same thing, but we have a Sherwood Forest estates outside Williams, AZ, all roads have names like Friar Tuck etc, and also in Flagstaff there is a strip mall called Sherwood Forest.

Down here there are plenty of Pubs named Robin Hood in most States and Territories but we have even got a locality on a major highway here in Victoria named Robin Hood and yes, they have a Hotel and guess what that is called.......

http://www.gdaypubs.com.au/VIC/robin+hood/54759/robin-hood-inn.html

• 10 months later...

On one of our Country Side drives last week. We turned down a lane not far from Uttoxeter ( just to see where we ended up), and Low and Behold we came across a sign, saying Loxley Hall School with an image of ....You guessed it.. Robin Hood! Well that got us interested, so we investigated the area. A little further down the lane, we passed a Robin Hood Pub! Even more interested now. On returning home, I instantly took up my usual place these days, on the Settee, Laptop on my knees and Googled the area. This is what I turned Up. What do you think. Could it be OUR ROBIN, or is somewhere else trying to claim him?

http://www.imaginingstaffordshire.org.uk/mystery/mys5.htm

• Upvote 1

Nice find, carni. I noticed your comment, 'We turned down a lane not far from Uttoxeter ( just to see where we ended up).' When the kids were young we used to go to Wales a lot. We'd make a packed lunch, flasks and cold drinks etc and just drive aimlessly. If the kids spotted a little lane they'd all want to go down it, which we did. Sometimes we came unstuck but it was all part of the fun. We used to find small secluded beaches with nobody around. We'd set up camp, blow the dinghy up, sort out the argument about who has the oars and leave the kids to enjoy themselves. The smaller foster kids would get fed up with the oars after a couple of minutes...lol. We'd find lots of places of interest on our explorations, just like you did with Loxley Hall School and the Robin Hood Pub, carni. Great times.

• Upvote 3

Thank you Micheal,

I have just re read the link and I thought it was quite interesting. I clicked on one of the links titled, Abbots Bromley Horn Dance. It seems they have a procession every year. This year it was on Sept 8th. Because we found the place by accident, we had no idea about this. We will find out next years date and definitely go and watch the fun.

• Upvote 2

#9 Michael

We used to spend most of our summer holidays in Wales in the 70's and usually ended up on magical mystery tours as most of the signposts had been removed by the Welsh Nationalists. I remember once we went to look for a mountain and never found it! Great trips out though. Usually ended up at one beach or another eating the sandwiches looking at rough seas as the rain came down.

• Upvote 1