Happy thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all Notts expats in the USA. I get two this year as I was at my kids in Canada for Canadian thanksgiving which falls in October there. Happy Thanksgiving to all at Nottstalgia. I know it is not a British holiday but in spite of all the problems in our world we can probably all think of something we are thankful for.

• Upvote 4

Thank you all! It is great to know I have such good friends in my home town!

• Upvote 1

I'm "podged" I baked a couple of apple crumbles, so we devoured half of one after dinner, with fresh cream I whipped to top it.

Last year - to celebrate my aunt's 100th birthday.

Happy Thanksgiving - although the joke in Notts is that Thanksgiving is September 6, which is the date the pilgrim fathers left! :)

There should be a place called Scrooby in the US, in New England? Scrooby in north Nottinghamshire is where the Pilgrim fathers originally came from. It would seem that at least two of them were educated at King Edward 6th Grammar School in Retford:

Theres a report in a Sheffield newspaper from 1904 that a party of 300 American tourists from New England went to visit Scrooby .

The report says that the visitors took back the ancient stocks from Scrooby and the "fount" to display in Scrooby , New England . However after a quick google, can't see any mention of this place .

Turkey ,Ham, Roast prime rib, I had it all followed by 2 helpings of bread pud & ice cream.

Now I've got the farts must have been the Nobby greens.

I almost got a Turkey for free as one flew over the car just missing it a couple of days ago actually I was talking to Mudgie on the cell at the time. It prob would have done a lot of damage if I had hit it.

Did get a spare Turkey as it was only.99c per lb going to cook that on the barb this weekend.

You'd need a couple of wild turkey's to feed a small family, there's not a lot of meat on them.