Butter dish help required:

And talking about eggs, anyone ever watched a hen lay one???? They stand up after laying one, then they are in a daze for a few minutes, that's when I sneak my hand her and remove her newly laid egg, stand back and have a giggle... The hen comes around, looks under her to move the egg to her "sitting" position, does a walk around the nesting box, puzzled, she knows she laid one but there's nowt there now...

• Upvote 2

I always put my boiled eggs in the egg cup with the pointy end uppermost, except when I do it the other way round. If your egg might be a little overdone it is best to put it in fat end up. That way you get to the yolk before it hardens.

There hasn't been one contributor in favour of butter in the bath and thin tray on the top. Well I challenge your thinking.

The tray bit has a rim around the outer edge that can be gripped far easier than the smooth sides of the deep bit. You can slip your butter knife under the tray top and bounce it on the worktop much easier.

And another thing. If you've got a block of butter going soft on a shallow tray and you reach over to get your caviar sandwich filling you could get butter all over your wristwatch or cuff-links.

Anyway, why do I want an impression of an upsidedown cow in the butter container?

DSC_0142_zps26271a4d.jpg

• Upvote 3

The fat end comes out the hen first......At least with my hen's it does..

Logic in that as it's the strong end, and as a hen stands up to lay the egg, it doesn't get broken when it hits the deck....