Pranks and jolly japes.

When a child I sometimes ate my boiled egg and then turned the empty shell over to fool mam into thinking that I had not yet eaten it. When digging spuds from the garden I would put a potato shaped stone in with the spuds as a joke. I don't know why I thought she would be fooled!

Anyone else play practical jokes as a child or for that matter, as an adult :)

• Upvote 1

I had a very embarrassing prank played on me once. Knowing that I would be in my usual rush for the loo, my relations put cling film over the pedestal and then put the seat down and waited.They got the desired result!! :blush: :blush: Many years ago though. They have been forgiven :ninja: or not!

• Upvote 4

A welder tied an apprentice up at one place I worked at because he was cheeky, he then hoisted him up on an electric hoist just off the ground...The kid could just touch the ground with the tips of his shoes....Foreman walked in and told him to stop messing around and get down...

Armature winder had his job hoisted up by apprentices and left hanging everytime he walked out the shop, funny watching him walk in to an empty bench.

One Christmas, same firm, been down for a few pints at lunchtime, one of the apprentices who was inebriated was giving my mate and me some cheek, so we grabbed him, tied him up, taped his mouth shut and carried him to a storage shed where we threw a tarp over him and left him to sober up.

Watch your tool box, it might get nailed to the bench...

At EMGAS Woodborough Rd depot 1962 I had been lippy to a fitter. Come Friday afternoon went as usual to collect my wages. Went to the loo in the yard, door catched from the outside, fire hose under door, was I bladdy wet.

Same year working in Beechdale got sent to the shops corner of Beechdale Rd and Robin Hoods Rd and yes I did ask for 4 ounce of clitoris fruits. never been so red faced in all my life.

A toilet roll sitting on top of the bathroom door is pretty harmless but always good for a laugh if you can be near bye when your victim happens to go in. The resultant thud and complaining is good. Watch out for revenge though. Got a knot tied in my pajama legs the next night.

One of the shopgirls at a former workplace was being lippy so she was upended in a very deep cardboard box. What a sight! Fortunately, she was wearing trousers at the time.

Many years ago, mid 60's, my mates girlfriend was invited to a party at Ruddington Nurses Home and told she could bring her boyfriend. As her boyfriend didn't drive, my mate and I offered to take them as long as we could get in. Upon arrival we were all welcomed except one miserable girl who had organised the do. I asked one chap who she was and he replied that it was his fiancé and that she insisted on my mate and I leaving as we were uninvited. As I'd brought everybody, my other mates girlfriend said OK, we will all go. On leaving, we passed the room with all the food laid out on a large table. I crept in, made a large hole in the massive trifle by scraping back the cream, filling the hole with a bowl full of sliced beet root in vinegar and then smoothing cream over the top. We then left after two of us peed in the fuel tank of a Jag outside.

If it was your car, sorry. If you were the miserable bitch in the blue dress Ha Ha Ha.

• Upvote 3

On the railway, we filled a cup with old tea dregs and microwaved it and gave it the forman when he came in. Also tied a blokes shoelaces together when he fell asleep.

A work colleague's stag night was a hoot (for some) . Very early 70's. Tony was not a big drinker, but was persuaded to have a night in town. He wasn't the most popular of guys so something was going to crack. It started in The Bell, pints of Red Barrel all round, then half in a pint pot then filled up with the contents of the top row of optics. A gulp was taken but he thought something was in it. Another half in a pint pot then topped up with vodka someone had with them. He drank that, then proceeded to consume the pint with the mixture in. He was looking bleary eyed by now so it was across to Yates's. He reckoned he was a good wine drinker, so we got the largest Sweet White Australian Mountain wine. That went down in one and he toppled over backwards but was well caught. We hadn't finished with Tony yet! Got him as far as the Midland Station and purchased a single to Manchester. However, the next train to leave was the overnighter to the south coast. We threw him in, but alas, he was coming round . One of us nipped to the Granby I think it was and got half a bottle of whiskey. This was fed to him in large gulps. One of the lads who couldn't stand Tony punched him in the face, but I managed to calm him down. The train pulled out and we scarpered chuckling away merrily. It transpired he made it as far as Paignton before being arrested for drug consumption. He'd no shoes, they'd been stolen along with his watch. He had burns on his wrist where he'd rested on the heater. We did have a whip round the following week, but none of us attended the wedding. He left soon afterwards.

A bit naughty I know but as they say on Top Gear "It's funny till someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious ".

I used to work shifts and one of the gaffers had upset my mate. Many times through the night he rang the said boss and asked to speak to Pete. He was told no Pete here. This went on and on through the night with the reply getting ever more irate. I've f@@@ing told you there's no f@@@ing Pete here. Etc. just before going off shift he rang again and said, This is Pete. Any messages for me.

Way back when I was working for Pretties helping build Cheslyn Drive Aspley we had a tyrant of a site foreman. One night after he left one of the chippies got in through his cabin window and nailed his work boots to the floor, making sure the 4" nails went into a joist for security. He was not best pleased but we pi$$ed ourselves laughing.