WHEN WE WERE GOING TO MOVE TO CLIFTON WE FOUND A HOUSE WE LIKED PUT IN AN OFFERE FOR THE ASKING PRICE GOT A SURVEY DONE SALE WAS PROVISUALY AGREED SUBECT TO SURVEY AND GETTING THE MORGAGE THE SELLERS MUCKED US ABOUT QUITE A LOT AND THINGS DRAGED ON WHEN WE GOT THE SURVEY BACK SSEVERAL WEEKS LATER IT SAID THAT IT NEEDED REWIREING ALL THE WAY THROUGH SOME PARTS IN DANGEROUS CONDITION WE RAMG THE SELLERES TO TELL THEM THIS AND ASKED FOR A REDUCTION OF ONE THOUSAND POUNDS TOWARDS THE COST OF THIS AND A FEW MINOR THINGS THE SURVEY SAID NEEDED DOING. THEY SAID NO NO REDUCTION AT ALL DAVE THEN SAID OK WE WILL INSTRUCK THE ESTATE AGENT TO CANCELL THE SALE , THEY GOT SRAIGHT ON TOTHE ESTATE AGENT TO COMPLAIN, THEY GOT ON THE PHONE TO US TELLING US WE HAD ENTRED INTO A CONTRACTAND HAD TO GO THROUGH WITH IT WE SAID OUR VERBAL CONTRACT WAS SUBJECT TO SURVEY AND NO WRITEN CONTRACTS HAD BEEN SIGHNED SO WE WERE NOT GOING AHEAD THEY AND THE SELLER WAS NOT VERY HAPY THIS WAS OVER 4 MONTHS FROM OUR PUTTING IN THE OFFER AND OEVERY TIME OUR SOLISTOR HAD ASKED THEM TO GO IN AND LOOK AT THE CONTRACT THERE WAS ALWAYS SOME EXCUSE OUR SOLISITER SAID AS NO CONTRACTS HAD BEEN SIGHNED WE WERE ABLE TO WITHDRAW OUR OFFER. WE EVNTUALLY FOUND SOMEWERE ELSE AND EVERY THING WENT THROUGH IN 5 WEEKS

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously don't know where you live Tom,but if you would like a chat i'm in Wetherspoons in Bulwell about 9.15 weekday mornings,its ok i'm not Alcoholic i go in for coffee and breakfeast lol.

Hi basfordred at #19. No problem with the reason. We went to Dawlish just over 10 years ago. Having worked for the railway workshops for 35 years, I took early retirement to become the minister of the

Finished moving house yesterday,thought i'd tell you all,in case you thought you'd got rid of me,only moved a mile but aint it a nightmare.nice to be back

I had to use a spreadsheet to work it out - but if you only count addresses where I received mail (i.e. lived there for a while), I have moved 18 times!

I won't bore you with the details!

#23 they do indeed Michael,and have you noticed, nobodys been forthcoming with their reasons? me included ..... :)

Hi basfordred at #19. No problem with the reason. We went to Dawlish just over 10 years ago. Having worked for the railway workshops for 35 years, I took early retirement to become the minister of the Baptist church there. We planned to give the church a year's notice prior to my 65th birthday earlier this year, so that they had a chance to look for a replacement (and I was delighted with the man they chose, who is every way suitable, and we get on like the proverbial house on fire!) Actually, however, before I got to giving the year's notice, I was approached by a small church here in Shropshire, to become their minister on a part-time basis. The church is based in the village of Snailbeach, in the South Shropshire hills area of outstanding natural beauty. I started here on the first Sunday in February, commuting for the first couple of months from our daughter's house in Sandiacre (a small matter of 94 miles each way!)

When we moved to Dawlish from Lincolnshire in 2003, the house we were selling developed a serious crack owing to ground shrinkage, and we were moving from one place to another fro 15 months, so the present fracas is nothing compared with that ! Fortunately the people who were planning to buy the Lincolnshire house had really fallen in love with it, and didn't walk away. We finished up renting it to them until the insurance company had sorted out the repairs - and of course, the income helped with our accommodation costs for he 15 months.

So - I've already retired twice, and I'm still working - and loving every minute of it !

• Upvote 6

Hi. I am still using my son's broadband but expecting installation Tuesday but don't hold your breath. Good luck to all you house movers out there. I hope you you end up as happy as we are. Things are coming together now. We have taken loads of rubbish to the tip and hopefully I can make a start on the garden next week. Thanks for all your good luck messages.

• Upvote 4

I've moved a fair few times since leaving my parents home, Meadows, Clifton Estate, Skinningrove North Yorks, Loftus North Yorks, Zeehen Tasmania, Wollongong NSW lived in two flats when I was there, moved to Bathurst NSW, then out to Kelso NSW, Sacramento California, Mt Aukum California, Mammoth Spring Arkansas and finally here in the wooly outback of south central Missouri.

That's only where I've lived Melissa, I could sing the song I've been everywhere man, and still not get all the places I've visited in six choruses...LOL

We used to do a lot of traveling in holiday periods.

• Upvote 1

Ayupmeducks,so you lived in Zeehan Tasmania did you work at the mine? I used to live in Queenstown with all the other ferals didn't last long they've all got two heads down there a lot of interbreeding (and that I believe is true).

Bazza St Helens Tasmania

We've had a base for work / holiday home in Miami for the past few years ........ suppose I'm risking some members saying 'Oh get you' or even worse but I won't worry!

As my husband has now decided that he's had enough of all the travelling that was necessary with his work we decided to sell the place. Put it on the market in December and had 3 offers but for various reasons the deals fell through so we decided to go over for the whole of April for a working holiday. In the first two weeks of the month we had several viewings (and offers) which made it difficult to relax as we had to be always tidy, plus we had our son, daughter-in-law and baby staying with us for some of the time. Well on 16th April contracts were signed and the buyers wanted to move in on 30th April. Speedy to say the least! Instead of a holiday we've had a very hectic couple of weeks and yesterday, which was the day we originally planned to fly back to UK, we had packers in to put all our stuff into storage in Miami because we don't know where to send it and we haven't got room here. After that very busy day we then flew home feeling very sad but we hope it's the right thing to have done.

I lived in Netherfield then Arnold with my parents then since marrying 39 years ago we've lived in 5 different locations in the Northern Home Counties and been back in Nottingham for the past 10 years. We're used to moving and we've loved each house we've lived in but over the years we just liked to have a change but I've always been upset (proper tearful!) on moving day.

• Upvote 4

From the Firs:-

West Bridgeford x 2

Radcliffe On Trent x 2

Wollaton

Southbourne and then to Oz;

North Bondi x 2

Carnamah

Ravensthorpe

Esperance

Mulgrave x 2

Vermont South x1

Glen Waverley x 1

Fifteen homes all up and the strong possibility of one more.

And like Ayeupmeducks, those are only places that I have lived; either with my parents, on my own or with SWMBO.

As far as travel is concerned, in Australia alone the places travelled are innumerable.

Yep Renison Bell tin mine was my first Oz job, didn't like the weather, way too wet for me, arrived in August 79 and was on the ferry to the mainland November 79. Spent a few weeks touring, dropped by my cousin in East Gippsland Vic, then onto see another cousin in Canberra, arrived in Wollongong shortly before Christmas, actually Albion Park Rail, stopped with an old workmate I worked with at Boulby Mine in North Yorks.

He was the UM in Charge at Wongawilli Colliery, was offered an elecs job there, so stayed for a couple of years.

Feet got itchy so moved on to Angus Place Colliery near Lithgow, and found a flat in Bathurst...Spent a few years there, ended up as Leading Hand Elec on nights for a few years..

Had a great time too!! Didn't regret a minute of it, made many good friends and still keep in touch with a few, including my elec engineer I worked for at Angus Place.

Thanks for the e-mail, will be in touch, you nearly had a surprise visit yesterday!!!!

Have you put your speakers in the front window so you can remind the neighbours of what we used to play to them at full volume in the 60's.

Good old Pete. I think we spent most of the time laughing. By the way, I'm in most evenings. Just drop in if your around my way. I might just do that with the speakers, although my eldest grand-daughter has a gob like the Mersey Tunnel bless her!

Here's my list from 1949 to date :

Born at Pateley Road, Woodthorpe,

Aslockton Drive, Aspley

Roosevelt Avenue, New Sawley

Sandringham Road, Sandiacre

Osmaston Park Road, Derby

Clough Road, Gosberton Risegate, Lincs

Siltside, Gosberton Risegate

Gravel Hill Drove, Billinghay

Elm Grove Drive, Dawlish

and now temporarily, Edgerley, Shropshire (no road name - out in the country !)