If I disappear for a few days, I am not dead, dying or seriously ill (not so far), I am just moving house. BT are booked to come Thursday to sort of a phone line for EE to connect my Broadband, but don't hold yer breath.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously don't know where you live Tom,but if you would like a chat i'm in Wetherspoons in Bulwell about 9.15 weekday mornings,its ok i'm not Alcoholic i go in for coffee and breakfeast lol.

Hi basfordred at #19. No problem with the reason. We went to Dawlish just over 10 years ago. Having worked for the railway workshops for 35 years, I took early retirement to become the minister of the

Finished moving house yesterday,thought i'd tell you all,in case you thought you'd got rid of me,only moved a mile but aint it a nightmare.nice to be back

Bilbraborn,

Hope the move goes without any hitches and that you settle in quickly. Just try to remember which box you packed the kettle; tea bags and bickies in. Best wishes and thanks for letting us know. :)

• Upvote 1

Best of luck with the move back to your roots Bilbraborn, stressful time for you I'm sure. Give us a couple of weeks notice of the Housewarming Party, just so we can all be there!

I'll bring the "pop" and the music.

good luck bilborough born might be me too in thenear to distant future had ot out today going to refer me for priority houseing on medical grounds she is worried about the acsses in and out of my house four big steps into my door even she was strugling.

I hope to be moving in the next 3 weeks too. Why does it take 3 months to sell/buy a house? Does it take 3 months buy a car? I'm only going up to the top of Carlton Hill though.

Anyway Bilbraborn, I was born just around the corner from you in the same sort of house (as you know) so I hope I get an invite to drop in one day to have a nosey and a gossip.

Good luck with your move Bilbraborn. Enjoy the unpacking where you discover things you had forgotten about, and things you wonder why you ever got in the first place :biggrin:

Best of luck with the move back to your roots Bilbraborn, stressful time for you I'm sure. Give us a couple of weeks notice of the Housewarming Party, just so we can all be there!

That house got used to some noisy parties and goings on in the 60's, I'm sure the neighbours will be different now, otherwise look out if 'You get up to No Good' under the blackcurrent bushes.

good luck bilborough born might be me too in thenear to distant future  had ot out today going to refer me for priority houseing  on medical grounds she is worried about the acsses in and out of my house four big steps into my door even she was strugling.

Hope you get somewhere a little more appropriate for you Babs!!

• Upvote 1

me to melisa getting to be a bit of a problem and if daves not about i have to rely on my sons being in to take my schooter out and put it together as i carnt carry it out of the house even the lightest piece is to heavy for me if they not about im housebound till someone comes in

Latest report. My Broadband hasn't been set up yet (predictably). I am in and things are looking good, but it will be a few months before we are settled properly. Kitchen and bathroom both need doing and I want to redo the garden. I am using my sons braodband in his barber's shop in Bulwell. As for me, I must have lost a stone in weight. Why is furniture so HEAVY??? I have trapped all my fingers. Dropped everything on my poor toes and scratched some of thne paintwork. But we are HAPPY!! I am at present sorting through boxes and putting loads aside for charity shops. Some furniture has had to go either to charity shops, friends or the tip. By the way, anyone want a display cabinet. A bit old fashioned but it is OK.

Thanks for all your messages of support. We can relax a bit now.

• Upvote 2

Ayup Pete. I noticed you are on-line right now. I have just sent you an Email. And yes I remember that party. Lucky I went Youth hostelling with Phil Heath to South Wales the next day so the trouble I was in with my mum and Dad was a bit diluted when I got back. Mind you it was some party.

We too are in the hilarious throes of moving - to Shropshire. House we were planning to buy fell through on the day contracts were to be exchanged. The seller of the house our sellers were buying (got it?!) rang them that morning and said he had decided he wanted more money. They predictably (and rightly) told him to go and play with a hand grenade. So he pulled the plug. We are now living temporarily in an annex that some friends are lending us, pending the purchase of a different house (i.e. back to square one). Our temporary quarters are fine, but in the deepest countryside and the wifi is a bit fragile. Hence my limited contact as of late. Hope to be back in full circulation shortly (whenever that might be!)

• Upvote 3

Nice to have you back Stephen. If it's not too personal a question, why did you want to leave Dawlish. I'd give anything to live down there.

Good luck Bilbraborn,

I wonder what the average number of houses a person lives during their lifetime, I know some people never move.

Since being a child I have lived in Nottingham, Clifton, Glapton (if that counts) West Bridgford, Stapleford, Colwick, East Leake, Foston (Derbys) Langar, North Scarle, South Clifton (near Newark) Long Bennington, Aubourn (Lincs) Carlton Le Moorland, Temple Bruer and currently Wellingore.

Never lived abroad, miss this country too much even after two weeks hols...

Smiffy

• Upvote 1

Interesting subject that Smiffy49,and i wonder why people move,bet theres some interesting reasons,i have lived in Bestwood est,Sherwood,old Basford,Carlton,Bestwood village,Peterborough,Norfolk,and Northants ,.....all for good reasons.

NETHERFIELD THEN CARLTON THEN A LITTLE TIME IN A FLAT ON BRIDGEFORD RD WEST BRIDGEFORDBACK TO PARENTS AT CARLTON TILL MARRAGE THEN LENTON CLIFTON DAYBROOK THEN FOREST FIELDS WE HAVE BEEN HERE 11 YEARS BUT WILL BE MOVING AGAIN SOONER OR LATERAND THAT I HOPE WILL BE OUR LAST

• Upvote 1

Sutton-in-Ashfield, St Ann's, Radford, Bobbers Mill, Wollaton, Beeston, Wollaton, Attenborough, Beeston, Wollaton, Saxondale Village, Stapleford and Basford. Like you Michael, all for good reasons.

• Upvote 1