No action needed! It's not a windows machine, and the only way of installing any programmes, including viruses, on an iPad is via the App Store.

Don't they use "Android" software??

My g-box uses android software..

Neither was I an Apple fan, Mick. Until I started to use an iPad and saw just how easy it was, and how user-friendly our daughter's iPhone is. And how all their devices can integrate so smoothly.

When it comes to usability, Apple has made life far easier than Windows, Linux, or Android. It's only the cost premium that hurts.

My devices synchronise apps via Google Play store.

I browse there using the device or my windows PC, it knows which apps are compatible with my devices and which are already installed.

When I click download, it asks me which device. The next time the device is switched on it connects to the internet, and Play Store sends the app to the device.

My devices are an Android Triple sim Phone, dual sim phone, and Samsung Galaxy Note all running the above virus programs,

Most app developers seem to do it twice, once for Apple's App Store, and again for Google Play. And even a third time for Windows phones!

About the only app I've not been able to find for iPad is a free ad blocker for Chrome, which means I only use Safari to read the Evening Post. Trying to read that in Chrome is an awful experience as they have persistent pop-up adverts all over the place.

Do you know, I had forgotten about Comodo which is very good.

Not seen it for Android,

I use Chromebook now, and of course Google Chrome Browser.

I have never had any popups from Chrome itself?

Though there are pop up blockers to prevent them from websites visited.

Chromebook has inbuilt virus protection which is kept up to date automatically,

And of course no vulnerability of the Windoze operating system, which it does not have.

Oh yes there is a Google Chrome store as well.

I'm not a tech expert but here's my take: Apple and their iPad, iPhone, etc. make apps available via their App Store, which is integrated with iTunes. The proprietary Apple operating system is iOS (version 7 is current I think). Apple don't share this with anyone. Developers (who write the apps) have to register with Apple and apps are screened before being made available for download.

Many other makes of tablet, phone, phablet and consumer devices (e.g. smart TVs) use Android as their operating system. This is owned by Google but is made available to hardware manufacturers. Android is in direct competition with Apple - most users are in one camp or the other (Apple often cited as premium cost but stylish). Versions of Android have a number and also a sweet-based reference. For example, 4.0 was Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1 to 4.3 were Jelly Bean and the latest 4.4 is KitKat. Google get Asus to make tablets for them under the Nexus label (quite high spec.) and when a new version of the Android OS comes out, Nexus gets it first (other manufacturers have to "tweak" the OS to suit their devices before releasing a new version) . Developers can freely write and publish Android apps on Google's "Play Store" and there are other stores that carry Android apps.

Microsoft are playing catch-up in this market and have Windows Mobile as their operating system. Hardware (tablets, "Surface", etc.) tend to be at a premium price.

Chrome is Google's and so is the Chromebook. This device is aimed at on-line apps and is based on Chrome OS (with associated Chrome app store).

Software developers have to decide whether to code for one or more platforms, the commonest combination being Apple and Android.