My sister katyjay, who has been researching our family history for some years, recently noticed a co-incidence in family dates. Our dad was born 22 days before the outbreak of World War One, and I, his first son, was born 22 days before the outbreak of World War Two.

I then took a deeper look in to it and discovered the following. We three children have the initials AB, DB an KB. Taking the alphabet letters and numbering them as A=1, B=2, C=3, etc, I found that adding the letter together gave a total of 22. To top it off, we lived yards from the No.22 bus terminal.

• Upvote 1

I hope the coincidence doesn't carry on with any more of the family offspring. We don't want any more world wars.

Basfordred.

Is Basford in a different time zone to Rise Park? Note my message timed at 09.01 and your response one hour earlier! Either that or you are a mind-reader. Our offspring was born in 1969.

Whoops. I was reading the real time, not the posting time. Something else I've learned! One of these days I will know everything.

Yes, for some reason my posting time is an hour behind real time. I don't know why.

Mrs red reckons Im not in the real world as it is. I keep telling her only I know everything. Strange world isn't it.

The timing thing on posts is even more complicated than that. I'm not sure whether this is only on my computer, but all the posting times I see on messages are one hour earlier than they were actually posted.

For instance, here's one I did earlier and it says 9.30am. But I actually posted it at 10.30 am. And that applies to every post I see.

test.jpg

• Upvote 1

The posting clock is, indeed, set to "UTC" (GMT to you lot). Mostly because the server is not in the UK, and people can post from anywhere. If the "local" time of the poster was used the times would be all over the place!

I work at QMC: Last week I overheard a nurse saying about his birthday being same as Queen Mothers, (4'th August) I said "that's mine as well" then a patient said "& mine" how we laughed..... Down Hucknall pit: I was letting stone dust trickle through my fingers & found a round tally disc number 450 which sounded familiar, I asked dick sat at the side of me for his clock number? he said "450" I said "you've dropped this" he looked at me gone out, he said "I lost that 15 years ago!" What was the chances of that??

• Upvote 1