I joined Nottstalgia a couple of years ago when I was searching the Internet for articles relating to Trent Bridge Senior Boys School. Like everyone else, I became interested in peoples memories of growing up in Nottingham and then the history of Nottingham itself. The more I searched the different topics the more I enjoyed Nottstalgia. Obviously, there were topics that I enjoyed more than others. Some of the topics I had no interest in at all and therefore didn't look at them. Because I had no interest in them didn't mean I would ever want to 'Scrap the thread'. The 'Politics Thread' had been going since I joined Nottstalgia and I enjoyed and contributed to it. There were never any problems with the Members and the posts were serious and also funny. We then had a couple of Members who went out of their way to wind people up and cause trouble. I'm not going to name names as I'm sure we all know who I'm talking about. Any replies to this post asking me to comment further I will ignore. In my opinion, warnings should have been given to offensive Members and if this had no effect then they should have been suspended or banned. Because this didn't happen it degenerated to a point where Admin closed the topic. Everyone has a right to their opinion, it's what makes life interesting, but they should make their comments without being abusive and offensive. I miss the Politics Thread and hope that it may return. It's been mentioned that Nottstalgia should be about the history of Nottingham and the lives of it's people. I agree with this 100% but I also think that we should have the trivia and the banter also. It's what brings the fun and friendship to the Members and, while they have this, they are also contributing to the history of Nottingham with their memories.

There are so many old topics to read in Nottstalgia, some going back to around 2006, and I'd love to read them all but it takes me all my time to keep up with the new content. :)

• Upvote 8

Sadly it is always the minority who spoil it for everyone else.

Unfortunately, you are correct. We do warn "the few" when their posts are unwarranted, and in many cases posts get hidden if they are inappropriate. Eliminating a thread is the last thing we want to do, but in the case of politics, it seems that it is impossible to keep it civil. Yes, we could ban those who make the bad post, but often those same members do make positive contributions in regular threads. In the end, the only recourse was to eliminate the politics discussion, and keep an eye out for politics creeping into other threads. Banning members is really a last resort.

Keep it civil, and we will all be happy!

• Upvote 1

I have been a member since Feb 2011 and have enjoyed Nottstalgia site but over the months i was coming on a lot less, in fact i was lurking and not signing in because some off the comments i did not like but also i was getting a bit bored with it. I joined Nottstalgia to learn more about past history which has been great to remember and to read about. I have made comments myself and ticked the like box on some. I agree with Michael Booth #27 what he has said. If you want to be offensive and abusive go on Facebook or Twitter or another site.

• Upvote 1

I think Nottstalgia is a great site all addmin staff do a great job.

I feel as though all members are my friends, I love the banter from you all. All so the subjects you bring up, like the comments. If you look at a topic that doe's not interest you, then don't get drawn in.

• Upvote 4

Nice to read all the comments on this topic,and no falling out or abuse,also no matter which side of the fence you sit on,we all do care about the Forum and its content.

'viv la the differences :)

• Upvote 3