Who's a big dipstick then!

Doing everything left handed today after a mishap in the shed yesterday. I was working on a petrol lawnmower on the bench and needed to lower it to the floor. I grasped it firmly by the motor and lower handle but as I got it near the floor the top section swung around and scissored my hand between thumb and forefinger. To make matters worse, I instinctively pulled my hand away, tearing a bigish chunk of flesh with it. It is now taped together (with two 40yr old stitching plasters) and seems to be holding ok. Looks like a few weeks without full use of right hand though.

:Fool:

But it's not "A" 40yr old plaster - it's TWO 40yr old plasters. They were acquired from the Queens by my ex-wife when she worked there iin 1974.

I made a comment to demonstrate my 'dipstickedness' to someone who passed exams in sign language. "Well done", I said."Is this to help in your work with the blind"? Not a physical thing but definitely careless!

• Upvote 1

Men say they can never figure out women, I reckon we have a job with the fellas. They are either macho and don't want to go to the doctors even if their leg was hanging off, then there's the others, who take to their bed with a sniffle.

• Upvote 1

A few weeks ago Mrs Catfan's uncle cut his finger while gardening.

Two weeks later he was in the QMC, very poorly, later found that he had Septicemea , which became quite nasty.

He is still a guest there, because he neglected to get his finger looked at properly.

Us oldies never worried about stuff like that. As kids, we used to wrap a hanky round cuts. If we can carry on we usually do.

That's exactly what I did! The wound is now closed and looking like it might stay closed. The 40 yr old sticking strips seem to have done their work. It is very swollen but I reckon I'm tough and it will be ok. My tetanus is up to date.

Got me a new Office chair the old one had lost a wheel & all the others were only half their & had about 2 rolls of Duct tape holding the upholstery together.,I had bought it in 1980 you know how you get used to something it wasa perfect fit

So the new one has already dumped me one the floor twice.

I rise sit back down & its took off got to find someway of slowing them wheels down.

Ps Super glue was invented for closing wounds in the Vietnam war, Whatever you do don't try it like I did, Worse case of Septic ever.

As long as it was cleaned out properly before you stuck it together Compo should be ok, but if swelling doesn't go down might be an idea to get it checked out. A friend fell off his bike and hurt his ankle but didn't bother getting it checked, he ended up losing his leg because of the damage he had done.

My daughter has been glued together a few times Dgbrit, the price you pay for playing with horses. The first time it happened I was fascinated, though they did say "Don't try this at home"

Tetanus!!!??? Had me first Tetanus when I was five at the Nottingham Children's hospital at Chestnut Grove. Screamed the place down. When they thrust me into my mum's arms I pointed to the nurse and sobbed 'SHE STUCK A BIG FAT NEEDLE IN ME!!!'

Men say they can never figure out women, I reckon we have a job with the fellas. They are either macho and don't want to go to the doctors even if their leg was hanging off, then there's the others, who take to their bed with a sniffle.

Don't know about the macho bit! I think Bilbraborn has it we were terrified of needles and stitches as kids.

I still hate needles. I regularly have to have blood tests. Thankfully I was one of the first generation to have Polio jab on a lump of sugar.

I don't like pain at all and always avoid getting any if possible, but like I said, cuts, grazes, scratches and bumped heads we just got on with it. It's like everything else. If I went on a bus with a heavy cold, I probably wouldn't pass it to everyone on that bus.