I think Muhammed Ali's Daughter boxes professionally.

Gotta say that I don't like the idea of women's boxing.

I'm not saying that it should be stopped or that other people shouldn't enjoy it, it just doesn't appeal to me.

That doesn't make me misogynist or against equality for women in any way (!)

Some people don't like the idea of boxing at all, but I think I would rather two blokes be in the ring knocking seven bells out of each other, than out there on the street maybe doing it to someone else.

In some parts of the world, it's might be someone's only ticket out of the ghetto.

I say well done to Nicola Adams for her boxing gold in the Olympics, but it's not something I would watch myself.

I'm also not a fan of women's football - even though I'm avid watcher of footie on TV.

I just don't think it's very good.

• Upvote 2

Women have come a long way from the days of standing at the kitchen sink or on their knees scrubbing floors. Women compete in almost everything that men do nowadays, we've even had a woman Prime Minister. So why shouldn't women compete in the boxing ring?. Women boxers don't all have broken noses and cauliflower ears, looking like Brian London.

Muhammad Ali's daughter, Laila, retired undefeated and she's a very pretty lady. Women's boxing is becoming more popular than ever and fights are starting to be included in the main shows. We shouldn't forget Nicola Adams, the English boxer who won the first Women's gold medal at the Olympic Games by beating the Chinese world champion.

Women play Rugby football too, both types, watched a few matches over here, seems more common in Nevada than most other states...They get a tad rough too!!

• 7 months later...

Being serious for once, are women boxers allowed to punch the upper body? I know their boobs are strapped down but, being soft tissue, is it a no-go area?

Women should be feminine & beautiful, just like a dainty spring flower, no better sight !

Women boxers ? No thank you.

Totally agree with yer catfan.

• Upvote 1

In the history of this 'sport', every boxer that has stepped into the ring has done so with the intention of either knocking his opponent unconscious, or stunning him so badly that he loses the count. They do not fight for a points decision. Hitting your opponent on the body will not achieve this; it will only happen if you hit his head. Every time this happens the brain jars inside the skull. How on earth the Health and Safety authorities allow this I cannot understand. A noble art! don't make me laugh.

• Upvote 2