Anyone from Nottingham living in Germany

In the illustrious word of Angelina Jolie....."Ay up me Ducks"!!...As I am new to this forumn just wanted to ask if there is anyone from Nottingham that currentyl resides in Germany....I am myself a Born and Bred Nottingham lad who has lived in Munich these past 3 year. I would be keen to meet anyone in the Munich region from Nottingham to share local hostory and discussions.....miss being back home!!.....Anyway ta for now

Der Munchner

Welcome Munchner, hope to share your memories. You should find many interesting people and topics on here.

Cheers BasfordRed.....will keep myself posted on a regular basis....I can see from the name that you are also a fellow "Red un"....miss my trips to the City grounds on saturdays.....as Bayern Munich tickets are impossible to get hold of if your not a Arab Sheikh or Russian Oligargh!!!...I get my football fix by supporting a local unkown team called Unterhaching...who happen to also play in Red.....Ta

• Upvote 4
  • 3 months later...

Welcome Munchner

my brother married a German girl he was in the army in Dortmand. They now live in Balve which I think is a good way off from where you live.

Each Aug they have a Irish Folk Festival in the cave in Balve. When in WW2 the brits arrived in Balve they saw the cave as a threat for some reason and wanted to blow it up, but the local's begged them not to, and today it is used for lots venues.

If you ever get to the Folk Festival me, my other half. brother, sister in law, will all be there. Take a look at "Balve" web site.

Don't be to upset about missing home just remember in this day and age flights time are only about half/hour to Germany, but you are in the airport at least 2 hours before leaving.

Would be nice to see you in Aug at festival, they also serve fish and chips there just don't ask for any mushy peas.

Welcome to this site, hope you enjoy sharing news with us ?......