Be careful what Vodka you drink I see they have busted somebody in Derbyshire for watering it down with Antifreeze quite a large operation.

• Upvote 1

I'll keep off it then and drink wine instead

• Upvote 1

As a 75-year-old, this revelation may come as a surprise to some; but I have never in my life ever tasted whiskey, gin or vodka. The only time I have tasted rum was years ago when I had some in my coffee when I had a cold. As soon as I was old enough to go in pubs, and being an apprentice who never had two ha'pennies to rub together, I bought the liquid that gave me most for my money. As a consequence I drank enough beer to sink a battleship.

• Upvote 1

Popular Vodka sold in the UK is tasteless rubbish anyway. They make it that way for a reason.

The Vodka served when working in Poland was very good though.

And as for Laphroaig - not my taste at all. The Salmon & Trout Association were sponsored by them at one time and It was free to members at the shows. I would not drink it, even when it was free. All this mystique about the misty peat of the wild moors is a load of marketing hogwash. Best whiskey I've had was Japanese. No grouse moors there. Drink Jamesons these days.