Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday. 10-01-15

Another lacklustre perforformance was the way the Nottingham Post described it. Considering the Nottingham Post report is usually kind to Forest they must have been bad. Goals from Lee and Maguire meant more misery for Forest who were booed off the pitch. Their next game is away to Derby County who, after todays win against Ipswich, are second from top. Below is the Match Report.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-0-Sheffield-Wednesday-2-match/story-25835790-detail/story.html

• Upvote 1

I wasn't going to mention that, Gibbo 04 because I like to keep positive where Forest are concerned. It's true what you state, though and if Forest are thinking of replacing Stuart Pearce then a big defeat to Derby would seem the right time for them. The problem is that Pearce was a true Forest legend and everybody wants him to do well but 2 wins in 20 games is unacceptable. Forest aren't playing well at all and it was sad to read that the Forest team were booed off the pitch at the end of todays game. It would be a massive boost to the players and the fans if Forest could get a win at Derby next week and start a good run in the Championship.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...

It's just over a year since Forest lost at home to Sheffield Wednesday and were so bad they were booed off the pitch.

Today, Forest played Sheffield Wednesday at home again, losing 3-0 and I've just made the mistake of watching the highlights on the TV. Forest were a disgrace, no effort, no fight, no idea. I've just read the Nottingham Post match report and the only bit that I agreed with was the last few lines which I've added below. It's so sad to see Forest play at the moment.

'Substitute Matias took advantage of sloppy defending to work some space for himself in the penalty area and fire beyond de Vries for 3-0. It sparked an exodus at the City Ground as many fans departed early. Some of those that were left made their feelings known at the final whistle, with boos ringing out to compound a miserable afternoon.'

It's years since I used to frequent the City Ground, but back in the early 60s Forest fans were renowned for leaving 10 minutes before the end, irrespective of the score. I can still see them streaming over Trent Bridge to catch the 43 bus!

That was a totally embarrassing result against a side who were down to ten men, away from home and who haven't won in five games.

The pointlessly negative tactics of this manager will not wash with the fans longer term. I'm not one for swapping managers every couple of weeks but this is not working and is not about to work.

Play some football, Forest, try going on the front foot and attacking teams - particularly at home. It's getting embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

This result ALMOST ruined my weekend, but with Notts losing and Derby conceding an injury time equaliser, the evening was just bearable.

Fly2

My Son-in-Law has a box at the iPro stadium and every year he invites me and the Forest side of the family to the (local derby) match. I last went when Forest lost 5 -0, this year I decided to go, I'd got all my excuses rehearsed in case of another trouncing and was ready just in case the result went our way.

After today's news I'm at a loss.

• Upvote 1

We'll probably thrash them out of sight Dave.