I downloaded American Sniper yesterday, and we watched it last night. Good movie and emotional at the end. That man took out a sniper at over 1800 yards! Risky shot at the best but 1800 yards, that's over a mile!

We tried to see that yesterday and at 10.00am, only front row seats left. We don't 'do' front row! So saw The Imitation Game instead. Good choice.

Robbie, you'd like the cimemas here, all seats are huge red leather recliners in pairs. You can put the arm up inbetween, and canoodle with your chair mate!

60 miles to the nearest movie theatre here, so just watch it on the 50"HD TV in our living room.

But Chris had an ulterior motive, the sniper he took out was after his head . It's a wonder the slug had any power left to take anyone out after doing 2707yards.

There's a Wiki page on sniping records, odd, one goes back to the American war between the states. I had a labourer when I worked in North Yorks, he'd been a sniper in the Korean war, he said most of his targets were just dots in the distance.

I watched Dean Spanley last night.......... Peter O'Toole is very good.

I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys whimsical fairy tales.

• 8 months later...

Katyjay, the book is far better. I couldn't really get into the film. Some of the passages in the book are very harrowing, something that could never be transferred onto the screen.

• 8 months later...

Rented 'No Escape' and watched it last night. Talk about exciting, at one point I almost turned it off, as I didn't think my old heart could take any more excitement, it was so intense. Good movie.