Pedometer challenge

The one gave to us by the company is called "SILVA stepometer" they have a website www.silva.se never looked on it but it might give some info,

hope this helps and good luck, only 8190 steps yesterday, meetings most of today, failing dismally at the moment

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another busy day at Sunny: and very Windy Lytham St Anns. From 12oclock, we have been cycling or walking all afternoon: and I have finally used my Pedometer properly. Most days I have been forgetting

Feel like I'm missing out on the fun (?) here. Better get myself a pedometer and walk the dog more often.

Today my fellow Pedometerists, we have excelled ourselves. We have been working up to attempting our Lytham St Anns to Clevelys cycle ride all week,and today the wind was calmer so we took the plunge

That's Good plantfit, You are doing well. Keep up the spirit Miduck.

looks like the "Silva stepomiter" given to plantfit has a good reputation Melissa: no idea how much they cost though, I'm sure you will find the info on line.

The one I am using is a Karrimor. It is on offer at the moment at Sports Direct: half price at £5.99. As soon I I saw the price: I knew it was the one for me. :biggrin:. No idea how it compares to others, but you can read the reviews on line.

It doesn't jump steps, and goes off if you are still, it will carry on from the last total when you have taken 4steps. That is incase you make moves that aren't true steps. You can even take it off and it will add to your total when you put it back on. I have taken it off for around 3hrs so far, and as long as I don't reset it, it will carry on recording.

PS Having a good day today. Will add total later!

• Upvote 1

Yahoo! I Did It. 10,000 steps.

Well my "Fellow Stepists", I have had a busy, busy day. I have been on my feet nearly all day. I don't know if you are like me: but for some reason, during the week before I go on holiday, I strip all the beds and change Linen. I wash every piece of clothing, whether we are taking it away or not. I clean all of the cupboards out. You name it, and I will have cleaned it :rolleyes: WHY?

Anyway all of this activity has given my steps a boost.

Total of Morning and Afternoon Pedometer..........................................................2,735

One and half hours cycling average 8mph (good conditions)..................................7,462

Total 10,197 smile2

• Upvote 3

Woohoo! Well done Carni :jumping: Still working on mine for today, will report in later ;)

Melissa you can also get an app for your phone to use it as a pedometer for free

• Upvote 2

Well here it is....drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr umroll!!) ta daaaaaa 9209....

Not quite to your dizzy heights yet Carni, but had a jolly good day getting there.

Visited Wolferton this morning. The royal station where the royals used to get off the train on their way to Sandringham....very neatly kept now and a pleasant trip out. Dersingham marshes are just down the road, so we'll have a walk through the reserve next time I think.

After this we had a pilgrimage to Our Lady's Shrine at Walsingham, and a peaceful walk round the centre there.

Then after a cup of tea back at our friends house in Hillington I went for a brisk walk up towards Flitcham and back just for good measure.

Looking forward to seeing if you can keep up with us owduns Melissa, have fun tomorrow and don't forget to report in. :)

• Upvote 2

Well done darkazana. From the looks of it you have had a very nice day, and certainly deserve every one of those 9,209 steps. You manage to fit in a lot more walking than I do, mine is mainly cycling, but so long as we enjoy whatever way we choose, it's all good fun.

I'm looking forward to next week at Lytham: pretty sure we will do more walking than at home. Those steps soon mount up don't they: I think my neighbours think i've finally lost the plot when they see me marching around the garden: Counting!! (Making my step count higher)

Hope you get your Pedometer Melissa. I am sure you will enjoy the challenge.

Possibly not going to be one of my healthiest days tomorrow. Our daughters birthday treat. Fish and Chips at Bewdley. Well. We can't let her eat alone can we?

• Upvote 4

Have a great day out with your daughter today Carni, I'm sure you'll get some steps in. I'm still saving up my calories for a fish and chip day out at Wells Next The Sea....we have to cycle there from Holkham Hall for me to earn them....hopefully on Monday if the weather is good (I'm a fair weather cyclist!!)

Melissa, even in the office you can get steps in. it's recommended that office workers should get up every hour if only to walk around the office. It's amazing how the steps mount up. Even parking the car a bit further away from the door, or getting off a bus a stop early and of course using stairs instead of the lift. there are loads of ways to boost your steps. You'll enjoy the challenge even more trying to work out how to do it. Good luck mi duck. (If you have a wii fit, the step part of the aerobics game really boosts your steps too)

• Upvote 3

Thankyou darkazana. I am looking forward to my lunch: I only have a fish and I scrounge half a dozen chips from hubbs. This morning is out for cycling as it is blowing a gale out side. If it calms down, we may get out later. Hope your Fand C are as tasty as I know mine will be. Consider them as a reward for all the steps counts you are accumulating.Lol

Lizzie, Come on gel, get your pedomiter on. Your steps will soon mount up with walking your dog. I was amazed at how quickly the number rises.

• Upvote 1

Great to read you are all enjoying the challenge,for just that little bit of extra effort you put in the health benefits are enormous and the fun we have doing it is priceless,really pleased you dicided to join me on this challenge because it has given me more incentive to "go that extra mile" pun intended, for that I say a big thankyou all, steps yesterday 7983, in a meeting all morning yesterday so i'll try again today

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just crossed my mind. If you strapped a pedometer to a woman's jaw,how long would the batteries last before they started smoking? lol

Two minutes fifteen seconds, believe me !!!!!

Just thought chula, the batteries would last indefinitely as a woman would break the strap instantly. Well, mine would.

• Upvote 1

Moment Of Reckoning

Oh Dear Me. I knew I would have no self control today. Today in the words of the song. "I want it all and I want it now". Well I did! and I have done!

Fish and Chips were "Bostin": Ginger Biscuits were delicious, and the Chocolates, Cor, How did I enjoy them. Let me count the ways. Mmmm.

No cycling. Just a very small amount of walking. Steps amounted to............................................5,560.Huh

I blame my daughter! smile2

• Upvote 1

Not a bad tally of steps Carni for "Just a very small amount of walking"!!!! :rotfl:

Glad you have had a thoroughly lovely day, worth every step you didn't do I'd say!

• Upvote 1

darkazana, Thankyou, we did and our Daughter (most Importantly) enjoyed her treat. Weather permitting, we will be on the cycles in the morning. I've got a busy day tomorrow, so feeling optimistic of a better result. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1