43 minutes ago, oldphil said:

She introduced me to all manner of exotic brands(no sniggering) ; Camel (oval and tasted of camel dung) Pall Mall, long and sophisticated, Passing Clouds. And Picadilly, because we saw them being chuffed on "the Sweeney". All of them made us lads look the business - so we thought. Think the girls thought otherwise, though.

So very true Phil....we copied our hero's in smoking....showing off to the girls by flicking a cig from packet to mouth...mostly missing...even with my Gob....and falling off a Bar-stool in the process...........happy days....''Fag Duck''?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tidying up a cupboard, I've sorted through my old football programmes, and I thought I'd start to put a few images on here relating to the various Nottinghamshire clubs. Starting with my first ever

IMHO the problem with gambling is that it's just as addictive and damaging as smoking and alcohol. Smoking is thankfully in decline and as a result the government is receiving much less duty from toba

So very true Phil....we copied our hero's in smoking....showing off to the girls by flicking a cig from packet to mouth...mostly missing...even with my Gob....and falling off a Bar-stool in the proces

You set me thinking of the brands I've smoked over the years starting with Woodbines - Park Drive - before I realised it's quite a long list. Most unusaul were the multi-coloured cocktail ciggies and very long ones we called Joysticks.

Parkies were sold in fives at one time in an open topped packet, I think they were 9d. Smoking for over fifty years I really wouldn't want to know how much they cost me.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had a look at the top of League 1 lately?

Imps at the top, Peterborough 2nd, Hull 3rd, and Doncaster 4th.

If they get promoted there are going to be some interesting local derbies next season.

• 4 weeks later...

I knew. Hindley slightly when í lived in Peterborough,, he used to come to training. Sessions with Chris Turner former player and manager,,when i played for a Railway club team down there,,

Seemed a nice bloke,,he put me right one time in the changing room,, i had stated that Wally Ardron was forest best ever centre forward,, he said,"your wrong mate,it was my Dad,,

RIP Peter,,

• Like 1

Yes Ben, His dad played for Forest just before and after WWII and by all accounts he was a very good footballer.

Another one of the best Forest team ever gone to play with Pearly Gates Wanderers

• Like 1