Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes; come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller!

Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet!

I don't trip over things, I do random gravity checks!

I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off!

Old age is coming at a really bad time!

When I was a child I thought Nap Time was a punishment ... now, as a grown up, it just feels like a small vacation!

The biggest lie I tell myself is ... "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

I don't have grey hair. I have "wisdom highlights". I'm just very wise.

My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance of idiots that needs work.

The kids text me "plz" which is shorter than please. I text back "no" which is shorter than "yes".

I'm going to retire and live off of my savings. Not sure what I'll do the second week.

I've lost my mind and I'm pretty sure my wife took it!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!

Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice.

At my age "Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.

• Upvote 13

Same here!!! Plus, I got some hearing aids so I could hear better. Now I forget to put 'em on. No Kidding.

Went out shopping in me carpet slippers a week or two ago.

Used to enjoy most hi-tech stuff. Now I tend to find it a frustrating nuisance. Could go on but I've forgotten what about now!

• Upvote 4

I used to be a Morris Dancer - nowadays I get backache just thinking about it!

You can remember having button flies on your trousers
You keep your old shoes in case they come in handy for gardening
You don’t remember when your wild oats turned to shredded wheat
Getting lucky means finding a parking space for your car
The little grey haired lady you help across the street is your wife
Your idea of weightlifting is getting up out of your armchair
The end of your tie doesn’t come anywhere the top of your trousers
The car you bought brand new becomes a vintage one
Young women open doors for you
A sexy babe catches your eye and your pacemaker opens the garage door
You can live without sex but not without spectacles
You and your teeth don’t sleep together
You kiss your wife and she yawns

Stop worrying. There was a 98 year old lady on TV this morning who still works as a driving instructor.

• 9 months later...

Grey hair, less of it, saggy bits, failing eyesight, hearing difficulties, more daytime naps, grumpiness, less tolerant, talk too loudly, clueless about the Highway Code, technologically bereft, detest children and babies, old people whom I once derided are now younger than me. Can't take in vast meals, need less alcohol to make me drowsy..... Oh dear I'd better get my weary backside out of bed!

• Upvote 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Age is really brought home to you when talking to grandchildren, I gave the granddaughter a lift in my car recently,  she asked me who was the group singing on the radio, the Beatles I replied thinking I have a convert to my type of music. Oh she replies I know about them , we discussed them in history at school last week. She must have seen the expression on my face as she quickly added it was modern history , then never spoke for the rest of the journey.

• Upvote 3

We were having a conversation at work the other day, three of us all born in that vintage year 1957, about the power cuts which were a regular feature in the days of Ted Heath's premiership. We recalled how certain areas would prepare for the power going off at a certain time in the evening by setting out candles and tuning the radio for favourite programmes as there could be no tv.  At bed time, off we went up the wooden hill by candlelight.

We were suddenly aware of being stared at incredulously by a young colleague who had clearly never heard of what we were discussing! Makes you feel owd! :wacko:

• Upvote 1