No Speed Cameras Here !

Those wonderful people at Virgin Media sent an engineer around today to install my new Modem / Router thingy, amazing speed now, was 108Mbs a second now a massive 150+Mbs a second ! No extra charge either.

Go as fast as you like.

4745197247_zpsm9zxsglq.png

And we led the world with the internet 20 years ago, and all I have here is 1.5mbs connection, if I want faster I have to go satellite, mind, I do live deep in the country and on "copper" not fibre optic link.

Problem in country areas is there is no competition, telephone companies don't want our business as it's not cost effective.

Our telephone company is doing away with it's DSL, so if we end up forgetting a telephone bill and they disconnect our DSL service, that's it, back to 55kbs direct dial up!!

They have installed a fibre optics line down the main road about three miles away, but it could be years before they service all their subscribers this far over, if ever.

Nearest "town" to us is ten miles west of us, around 750 people, largest town of note is over 30 miles away 2200 people.

It's an incorporated City, as is Alton with around 750 population...Although Alton has a small population, it covers a large land area.

It "sprung" up around the old town hall about a hundred and sixty years back pre planning, so it's haphazard.

That shows more people than the sign on city limits, maybe a few left one way or another since the census......LOL

Never heard of "Liberty-Global" catfan.

That's all very well Lizzie, but does it enable you to do the word games any quicker ?