Very Sad. Jo Cox

This puts in question whether or not MP's need to take security measures when meeting members of the public for surgeries. Unbelievable. I'd forgotten about these stories

Liberal Democrat Nigel Jones, now a peer, was wounded and his aide Andrew Pennington was stabbed to death in a sword attack at the party's office in Cheltenham in 2000.

In 2010, Labour MP Stephen Timms was stabbed twice in the stomach by a woman who tried to kill him for voting for the Iraq war.

We live in a free & democratic country & long may it be so

It took a long time for us to get here(I usually start with the great reform act of 1832)

In the democratic process & if democracy is going to secede than MPs of all colours must be accessible to their constituents.

If access is restricted then the extremists have won.

• Upvote 1

This not only applies to MPs but anyone in public office.

School teachers GP's hospital doctors and consultants. The list goes on.

My deepest sympathies go out to her family, friends and associates. Such an unnecessary waste.

Very sad for Jo Cox & her family, let's hope her spirit will live on in that constituency, small lady who leaves big shoes to fill