Does anyone know any rules and regulations about hot tubs ? our neighbours have installed one in their back garden ,when its on which seems to be most of the time through the day and evening ,you can hear it inside the back of our house,god help us when they have the barbecue going as well.

I was on a family holiday several years ago, and there was one on the patio where we were all staying and it was right underneath our bedroom window. I only went in once to be sociable. I hate the damn things. Whoever invented them should be severely tortured daily. I ended up switching it off, but it still whirred away merrily, probably the filter or something.

who on earth wants to sit in other people muck sipping warm cheap wine and looking as though they're enjoying themselves. Ugh !

• Upvote 1

I feel your pain, when I stay at my BIL's house in Nottm, their neighbour has one of the bloody things and when the teenagers and mates got in it with a few jubblies, the noise was intolerable and lasted till 11-00pm and later most nights !

It's undercover so even in the rain the buggers were in it.

Maybe a phone call to the local council to see how you stand, mind if they don't look after the water well, they'll probably go down with some bug pretty quick, these water born bacteria love warm human fed water :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the clan of outlaws love such trashy scenarios. Ugh !

Hey, don't knock hot tubs ! I once got a nice little earner lifting one of those things over the top of a garage in to some one's back yard !

He had bought one & was delivered & left in his driveway. Eight blokes couldn't get it in the back yard, I did in two minutes with a Hiab crane !

Perk of the job !

• Upvote 2

That ranks alongside my pallet dealings Catfan. Good un. 

• Upvote 1

As well !

I once lifted an engine & gearbox out of a car on the side of the road. Also lifted a concrete ornamental block on to the top of a brick pillar, nice earner's as well of many others.

Love Hot Tubs............only used em twice,........once at a Country club in Tewksbury with the wife and ex wife,when they were the other way round (if you know what I mean lol)..........and once spent the whole morning in one in Andalusia........posh ain't I...........:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

My next door neighbour bought one when his wife left him, along with a high powered sports car!

He took the separation very badly and desperately wanted someone to talk to, whereas most of his mates advised him to get out of his skull and forget her. As a result, I got invited round there most nights for a month or so to sit in the tub and provide a sympathetic ear! I was starting to look like a prune!

He does keep an excellent wine cellar, nothing cheap! So there was an incentive. I remember the two of us sitting there with him pouring his heart out, me quaffing his best bottles and his dog sitting between us with a bone in her mouth, in the middle of November!!

He got over it! A marriage counsellor I'm not! He still has the hot tub but never uses it now!

• Upvote 4

#14   Jill,........think you are a great neighbour..........when I get divorced again reckon i'll buy a Hot-tub and high powered sports car............lol

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, catfan said:

Hey, don't knock hot tubs ! I once got a nice little earner lifting one of those things over the top of a garage in to some one's back yard !

He had bought one & was delivered & left in his driveway. Eight blokes couldn't get it in the back yard, I did in two minutes with a Hiab crane !

Perk of the job !

Good job Blakey didn't catch yer!  Where did yer leave the bus while yer did it?

• Upvote 1

You dont need planning permission for a hot tub but some of the cheaper ones have very loud pumps and filters. My next door neighbour is a bit of a prat and has one. The cheap inflatable ones. Its louder than a lawnmower and going for hour after hour would certainly constitute a noise nuisance. Council wont normally do anything about it until you have sound readings taken (I have a sound meter from work, but they are about 20 quid from Maplins) and measured the sound levels and duration. That the council cannot ignore. 

• Upvote 1

#14 Jill (again)...........if you posted that with a straight face,i think its one of the funniest posts ive ever read.............just what we need on here,keep em coming gel.................:laughing:

• Upvote 2

I was also somewhat puzzled as to whether the wife left along with a high powered sports car.  Or the hot tub came with a high powered sports car.  The mental images are priceless.  :-)

• Upvote 1