Robert Vaughn actor

Actor Robert Vaughn, best known as the secret agent Napoleon Solo in The Man from UNCLE, has died aged 83.

Vaughn was also famous for his role as Lee in the Magnificent Seven, and television roles in The Protectors, Hustle and Coronation Street.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37957088

Remember watching The Man From Uncle as a child. Ilya Kuryakin had more appeal for me than Napoleon Solo. I've always preferred cerebral characters to smarmy, smooth types. Hence my early teenage obsession with Mr Spock! Still, in many ways, my ideal chap. Pity he's not real!

RIP Robert Vaughn.

• Upvote 1

A fine actor. I liked him in the Magnificent 7. 

RIP Mr Vaughan......................and Jill ive got big 'ears' now i'm older,any good?..................lol.

• Upvote 1

I believe that, away from showbiz, Robert Vaughn was heavily involved in criticism of those in American politics, being very opposed to nuclear weapons. I think he won a lot of respect for his views which he often aired on chat shows.

5 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

RIP Mr Vaughan......................and Jill ive got big 'ears' now i'm older,any good?..................lol.

Yer so have I.  Drag along the ground and in me water dish, they do.:biggrin: