Can't find a post....

About a month or so ago (I think it was mid-late October) someone posted a message about Wetherspoons pubs in Inverness, Wick and Elgin.  I can't find that post so can anyone help point me in the right direction, please?

10 minutes ago, Compo said:

ARGH! I thought I had posted this in Owt about Nowt.  Can an admin please redirect it.

Done

I've had a look for the post and I can't find it either, which has me baffled.  I split off several posts from another thread about pubs, and created a new thread called "Wetherspoons Pubs"....which seems to have disappeared.   If I eventually find anything, I'll report back.

Sorry if this suggestion has already been checked for the missing post, but you could try in " My Activity Streams" underneath browse. Hover over Activity for the option to appear.Ya never know yer luck?:)

Sorry, if you hadn't added a post it won't be under that option.

Thanks to Cliff Ton and Carni.  I have tried all I can think of Carni but to no avail. Thank you Cliff Ton for the redirection and I look forward to you finding the missing articles.

Ian Dawson: It was someone who mentioned three Wetherspoons pubs that they liked in the north. One was in Inverness, one in Elgin and one here in my town of Wick.  I know it was posted during  October because I replied that I would be visiting the Elgin pub for my birthday on Nov 1st; although I eventually made it on the 3rd.  Other than that I have no recollection of the thread title or poster.

Don't know if what I'm going to suggest is the same thing Carni suggested. If I click on my name so my profile comes up, it shows a full page of recent activities. But there is stops. If I click on the right side, top, it says See my activity, and you then get page numbers along the bottom. Keep going back till you find it. 

The only good thing about the new format is the Search feature, and I still can't find the thread in question. I've used it in every variation I know, by searching Threads, Titles, Members, Keywords, and Dates.  And the Wetherspoon's thread I created doesn't register anywhere. I did it no more than a couple of months ago, so there isn't too much to trawl back through, but there's no sign of it.

I definitely remember seeing it too, but as you know, I personally find the search feature very hit and miss.

It proves it existed (which no-one doubted) but it doesn't explain why or how or when it disappeared.

RR, what method did you use to get the cached version from a month ago ?

And in that case, can you make your Triumph Road photos re-appear ?

On 23/11/2016 at 6:56 PM, Compo said:

About a month or so ago (I think it was mid-late October) someone posted a message about Wetherspoons pubs in Inverness, Wick and Elgin.  I can't find that post so can anyone help point me in the right direction, please?

I think it was me Compo as I've been to all three, why?

It was indeed your good self nnsc.  Radfordred found the thread for me.  I was asking because I was in The Alexander Bain in Wick the other morning and took this photo of the frontage. I thought you might like a reminder :)  just noticed that it is out of focus....drat!

31095988212_0652551bce_h.jpg

The Penzance one isn't the greatest , bit dark and gloomy in there . Usually noisy with the regular boozers close to the bar area . 

Spoons in St. Ives is better IMO , usually quiet this time of year .

There are two 'Spoons' in Paignton.  One by the sea front on the main holiday shopping street and another away from the holiday crowds at the back of the town centre.  I can't recall their names but the one at the back of the town is not a bad pub.  It's much quieter and more civilised than the sea front one.

On 26/11/2016 at 7:43 PM, DAVIDW said:

The Penzance one isn't the greatest , bit dark and gloomy in there . Usually noisy with the regular boozers close to the bar area . 

A perfect description, I visited on Saturday.

IMG_2556_zpsajsb0wfn.jpg

• Upvote 2