All going wrong - local teams

Oz,

The Daily Mirror article was linked in a Times article about Forest's owner.

I rarely read newspapers these days. I prefer to get the latest news from the internet.

Back in the day I would spend hours reading The Sunday Times and if I was away on business I would try and pick up The Telegraph.

I remember my dad had The Daily Mirror delivered every day in the late 50s and early 60s but I rarely read it. He used to have several Sunday papers every week and he would always watch the news, consequently he was always well versed in current affairs.

I've inherited his love of current affairs but don't think I've bought a newspaper for a few years now.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone was a hero yesterday, it was clearly meant to be. Great credit has to go to Luke William's and Ryan Harley's tactics. Many times this season Notts have worn out teams by keeping the

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Posted Images

Well Oz, what an amazing pair of results for you to wake up to.

What a great afternoon for the Reds as they come away from Sheffield with the win.
The team coach will be rocking as it wends its way the short distance down the M1 back to Nottingham.
And just when you thought things couldn't get any better, Burnley implode and get thumped by Newcastle.
My reputation as a football pundit is now in tatters and I'm considering returning to my previous job as a rent boy. It's well paid but after the medical bills there's not a lot left. Just kidding.
Back to today’s football. Mr Marinakis will no doubt be sinking a few glasses of Ouzo and breaking a few plates into the bargain tonight.

It's not quite over with the result of the points deduction appeal still to be announced but Forest must feel like they're nearly over the line now.

I don't know how well they played but even if they were complete and utter dogshite it really doesn't matter. The three points are what count.

Maybe, just maybe the squeaky bum has been cured.

• Like 1

Forest - Gather three vital points from the away trip to Bramall Lane to play the already relegated Blades and come away 1-3 winners, their first away win since Boxing Day. 28,516 were on hand, I wonder how many Forest Fans made the short trip up the M1? Sheffield United opened the scoring in the 16th minute with a penalty from Ben Brereton. Forest were on equal terms just over 10 minutes later when Callum Hudson-Odoi scored the first of his brace with a curling shot into the far corner. The Blades had their chances too but fortunately for Forest they could not convert them into goals. Six minutes after the break Ryan Yates scored his first EPL goal when he thumped a shot past Blades 'keeper Wes Foderingham. Hudson-Odoi put the game beyond doubt finishing his brace with another curler, again into the corner, in the 65th minute.

United's Anel Ahmedhodzic was sent off in the 5th minute of time on in the second half after a caution 20 minutes earlier.

Their 5th red card of the season. The three points ease Forest's relegation worries for now but they are away at Chelsea next Saturday and unlikely to return from there with any points. Fellow strugglers Burnley were thumped 1-4 at home by Newcastle United. Forest are now three points clear of the relegation positions.

• Like 1

Just watched some brief highlights of Forest win up the road at Bramall lane.........still love Forest even though my interest in them has cooled.......didnt recognise any of the players..never thought i'd say that..........

Bramall lane i class as local and have visited a few times....great History in the place.....not just united but test and county cricket......even watched my son boxing there..........good win forest, might still be in the Premier league next season.............

17 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Forest - The three points ease Forest's relegation worries for now but they are away at Chelsea next Saturday and unlikely to return from there with any points. Fellow strugglers Burnley were thumped 1-4 at home by Newcastle United. Forest are now three points clear of the relegation positions.

Actually Oz Forest are at home to Chelsea and then finally away to Burnley. Forest are 3 points clear but with the reds superior goal difference Luton need to get 4 points from their last two games to overhaul them, even if Forest lose their last two games. As Luton are very unlikely to get 4 points and Burnley are pretty much doomed Forest are definitely in the driving seat. 

7 hours ago, Marrowman said:

Actually Oz Forest are at home to Chelsea and then finally away to Burnley

Oops, Don't know why I wrote that, of course I knew they were at home and away at Turf Moor in the last game of the season. If Forest beat Chelsea then it will become academic, and they will be staying up.

The Daily Mirror has opened a crusade to save the magic of the FA Cup as a result of the controversial decision to axe replays. As of today 119 Football League clubs and non league clubs have signed up to the campaign.

"Local" clubs that have signed up are  :- Alfreton Town, Doncaster Rovers, Lincoln City, Mansfield Town and Notts County, 

Sheffield United is the only current EPL team that has signed up, Championship clubs Southampton, Coventry City,  Middlesborough, Preston North End and Millwall have signed up too. It has all come about due to the EPL clubs making a decision without any input from the lower league clubs.

This sort of thing and the exorbitant wages played to some of the prima donnas, many of whom never set foot on the field has reduced my interest in the game to following the local teams only. Coverage here is all behind a paywall and I have no inclination of contributing to a cabal that is slowly ruining the great game.

Forest - I see that Nuno is now complaining about the timing of the decision of Forest's appeal against the four point penalty. I suggest he focuses only on the last two games and does his best to ensure that one of them is a victory and thus saves Forest from the drop. Alternatively two London clubs, Spurs and West Ham could do Forest the biggest favour by beating Burnley and Luton on Saturday.

The management of the club have done as much to contribute to the position of the club as has the players ability to perform well.

Forest - Safe for another season in the EPL after Luton went down 3-1 away at West Ham. Even if Luton win their last game home against Fulham they will be relegated as Forest have by far the better goal difference. Unless, that is, if Luton win with a 12-goal difference! The final home game of the season saw 29,708 fans turn out but unfortunately the Reds lost 2-3 at home to Chelsea who scored in the 8th minute. Forest equalised with a Willy Boly header to send them in all square at half time. Forest took the lead in the 75th minute from a curler by Callum Hudson-Odoi only to see Chelse level again 5 minutes later and claim the points 2 minutes after that. Forest finishes the season next Sunday away at already relegated Burnley with a 4:00pm? kick off.

Same old, same old from Forest.

Mr Marinakis is highly unlikely to change his style so I expect Forest to struggle again in the Premiership next season.

It clearly suits him whatever he's up to behind the scenes.

Forest's home record is P19, W5, D5, L9 and they're putting up the price of season tickets!

I've heard lots of Forest supporters say they'd rather watch Forest winning in the Championship than losing in the Premiership. The supporters and their management also think the Premiership, it's officials and administration are corrupt.

So what does the future hold for The Reds? A new ground, a new manager a new owner?

I don't profess to know but it doesn't sound much like fun at the moment.