All going wrong - local teams

Given that it looks like the battle to avoid relegation is now between Forest and Luton let's look at what games are left

Forest

28th April, home to Manchester City who are still in the premiership race. A loss 0 points

4th May, away at Sheffield United who may well have been relegated by then and playing for pride. A draw 1 point

11th May, home to Chelsea who may have lost interest having nothing to play for. A win 3 points

19th May, away at Burnley who also may be relegated by then. A win 3 points

Luton

28th April, away at Wolves who have a solid home record. A loss 0 points

4th May, home to Everton who are playing well at the moment. A draw one point

11th May, away at West Ham who play better away than at home. A draw one point

19th May, home to Fulham who don't have the best away form. A win 3 points

Summary Forest finish on 33 points, Luton finish on 30 points. If my predictions are any good Forest will survive, just.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Posted Images

Oz,

I think you need to look at Burnley’s remaining fixtures too.

With all the other distractions surrounding Forest the players are pretty close to giving up and they probably won't win any of their remaining games.

They may scrape a couple of draws but I can see an unexpected outcome emerging that sees Burnley beating Forest on the last day of the season meaning the Reds and Luton are relegated.

It could happen.

• Like 1

Fair do's Mess, here you go.

Burnley 

27th April away at Manchester United who are still in the running for a place in Europe. A loss 0 points

4th May home to Newcastle United, they too have an outside chance of Europe. A draw 1 point

11th May away at Spurs, Also battling for Europe. A loss 0 points.

Burnley have by far the most difficult end of season run in than all the other clubs under threat and I can't see them finishing on any more than 24 points.

I think many of the Forest players gave up ages ago and it is no doubt many are not equipped with the skills and drive for the Premier League and should have been cleared out a long time ago. There is something seriously wrong with recruitment at the City Ground.

Just came across some information on season ticket prices for the EPL

All prices are in GBP as a I can't get a pound sign on this forum

Forest 850 - 550 A child ticket is 190

Arsenal, the most expensive, 2050 - 1073 A child ticket is 1025.25 - 536.50

Not including the other relegation threatened clubs Forest's is one of the cheaper ones.

How does the average Joe afford to take himself and two kids to the game on a Saturday?

• Like 1

County - Typical of this season the Magpies lose 0-1 away at already relegated bottom club Forest Green Rovers and finish the campaign below half-way in 14th place. They had 67% of the possession but it was the only key statistic they were ahead on. A disappointing end to the season that started with so much promise and if there are not some significant off-season changes, I can only see next year being a struggle. Anyone taking bets on that man Macauley Langstaff still being there next year?

Stags - A 1-1 draw away at Barrow was a result that neither team wanted. Barrow miss out on the play offs and Stags finish third in the table. Stags took the lead in the 16th minute and Barrow equalised just short of the hour. Stags were under pressure in the second half but in no danger as they had already achieved promotion. I wonder when they are going to do something with the Bishop Street side of the ground as it looks much like it was when I last saw them almost 50 years ago.

Forest - Neither Burnley who had a very creditable 1-1 away draw at Manchester United nor Luton who lost 2-1 at Wolves did not do much to dent Forest's survival chances and when they lose today as I expect they will, the situation at the foot of the table will remain largely unchanged with only Burnley gaining an extra point. 

• Cliff Ton changed the title to All going wrong - local teams

Forest gave a very good account of themselves against title contenders Manchester City this afternoon.
Forest more than matched City in their build up play but just lacked the finish.
In the first half Chris Woods missed a glorious chance to equalise when he was unmarked and the ball fell to him a yard from goal but he miskicked when it was probably easier to score.
Murillo's injury should not be underestimated. It looked quite serious as he limped off and I wonder if he'll be fit for the last three games. He's been very impressive of late so his absence will weaken the Forest defence markedly.
The outcome of the Reds points deduction appeal will be announced later in the week and there is some optimism around that the deduction will be halved to two points. Sorry to say I don't share that view. I think the deduction of four points will remain and whilst the panel have the power to increase it I doubt that will happen.
BTW did anyone notice that VAR wasn't called upon once during today’s game?

Finally the unexpected point that Burnley earned at Old Trafford yesterday has reduced the gap between Forest and The Clarets to two points.

Burnley could be turning into the dark horse.

Squeaky bum time coming up methinks.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Mess said:

BTW did anyone notice that VAR wasn't called upon once during today’s game?

Yes it didn’t get unnoticed Mess, the match officials were obviously very concerned that they’d be mentioned in dispatches if they favour the Forest opponents!  The first half was promising but when that ‘baby’s bum-face Haarland’’ was brought on we were doomed!  Phew, on to the next game and fingers crossed Luton and Burnley lose.

Forest - Listened to this one in the wee small hours on the steam radio, BBC coverage. As expected Forest lost 0-2 but the score was not a true reflection of the game. Forest were all over City for extended periods but could not find the back of the net. Turning pressure into goals has been a problem all season. Nuno has been reported as saying "I am disappointed with the result, but it was a good performance". No it bloody well was not, a good performance is when you win.

Murillos injury, if he is out, could weaken the defence for the next three vital games.

I too, don't think they will see any relief from the points penalty especially after stupidly slagging off the officials after the Everton game whether it appeared to them justified or not. It was an out and out public relations disaster.

They are still one point ahead of Luton and two ahead of Burnley, will it all come down to the final game at Turf Moor?

Away at relegated Sheffield United next Saturday

• Like 3
15 hours ago, denshaw said:

We should find out on Saturday about the points penalty. I can't see them reducing or changing anything, my prediction is that Forest will survive by 1 point.

Denshaw, do you think that the Forest tirade against the officials and VAR system in the match against Everton will influence any decision on reducing the points penalty? Is the EPL professional enough to keep the two separate?

Forest have had some bad refereeing decisions against them, I don't think this will change any decisions about their points reduction as it has already been reduced from 6 to 4.

Their tirade has not helped, other teams see them as being sore losers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, denshaw said:

Forest have had some bad refereeing decisions against them, I don't think this will change any decisions about their points reduction as it has already been reduced from 6 to 4.

Their tirade has not helped, other teams see them as being sore losers.

Spot on Denshaw.

IMHO Marinakis was very unwise to be so outspoken before the outcome of their points deduction appeal although I did read the panel told Forest the original points deduction was being reduced from 6 to 3 because the club had been very cooperative during the hearing but then they had a change of heart and only reduced it to 4 hence Forest's massive indigence and subsequent appeal. It's the first time I've heard this and if true then Forest have every right to be outraged. It seems completely bizarre that an independent panel appointed by the Premier League would share that sort of information.

Interesting Article CliffTon, I can't help thinking that if Nuno concentrated on coaching the team, especially its weaknesses, instead of moaning and looking for excuses as to why they did not win their last game then the four points penalty would not have mattered

Forest - Crunch time tonight as Luton play Everton at home. Everton are safe but if Luton win then they will go 2 points ahead of Forest. This will make tomorrow's away game at Sheffield United of vital importance. I have tipped both Luton and Forest to draw their games.

Oz, I agree with you that Forest are in real danger of losing their focus which is to bag as many points as they can manage from their last three games.

It does appear as if Nuno is getting his excuses ready should Forest fail to stay up.

Luton will be trying very hard not to lose to Everton tonight and a draw looks likely. Should they win then the pressure on Forest will get cranked up another notch which they could really do without.

Again a draw looks the most likely outcome but jangled nerves can produce funny results. Don't forget The Blades are definitely relegated which means they've got nothing to lose now.

So Nuno and Neco Williams are being charged with bringing the game into disrepute. What about the referees and var officials whose performances have been little more than criminal? They are the ones who are bringing the game into disrepute. Football should take a long look at the way rugby matches are controlled by the referees and the third match officials (tmo). There is total clarity as the deliberations are on big screens for all to see and the decisions do not take an eternity. Plus the referees do not tolerate any pressure from the players, some of the prima donnas in the Premier league would not last five minutes with a rugby ref.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Mess said:

Oz, I agree with you that Forest are in real danger of losing their focus which is to bag as many points as they can manage from their last three games.

It does appear as if Nuno is getting his excuses ready should Forest fail to stay up.

Luton will be trying very hard not to lose to Everton tonight and a draw looks likely. Should they win then the pressure on Forest will get cranked up another notch which they could really do without.

Again a draw looks the most likely outcome but jangled nerves can produce funny results. Don't forget The Blades are definitely relegated which means they've got nothing to lose now.

Luton 1  Everton 1

Indirectly Forest - In front of a paltry 11,873 fans Luton managed a 1-1 draw at home to Everton after falling behind in the 23rd minute to a penalty. Luton equalised 8 minutes later and neither team failed to trouble the scorekeeper from that point on. Forest now level on points with Luton but ahead on goal difference. At the end of the season I wonder if it will be that that makes the difference between staying up and relegation. 3 points at Bramall Lane on Saturday would be very welcome indeed.

Oz,

I think if Forest can manage to win tomorrow (Saturday) it will be a huge step towards them securing another season in the Premiership 

The Burnley game against Newcastle will also have a huge bearing on who's staying up.

If Forest draw and Burnley manage a win then they will both have 27 points leaving Luton next to bottom with 26 points.

It all makes for a thrilling finish if you like that sort of thing.

I've picked them for a draw and I would rather see them comfortable instead of struggling again.

Can't help but think there is something seriously wrong at the City Ground but don't know what it is? Is the owner meddling too much in the playing and recruiting side of the club?

2 hours ago, Mess said:

I agree, things have gone very pear shaped at Forest since the change of ownership.

There may be a clue in here:

Interesting, I did not catch that article at the time Mess as I don't usually read the Mirror. Having said that another Nottinghamshire clubs players were caught up in match fixing in 1964. Remember Jimmy Gauld Sammy Chapman and Brian Phillips of Mansfield Town. They all received custodial sentences.