Word Games (and others)

We have a solution to deal with the massive, pointless threads which have developed over the years.

Threads such as ‘Keep One Drop One’, ‘Word Association’, ‘What are you listening to now?’  will be deleted and then re-started.  Post which have been made within the last couple of weeks will form the beginning of the new versions.

There’s no need for any of them to go back more than a few days - or weeks - so all the earlier posts are a complete waste of space. From now on they will be edited every few weeks to prevent a massive backlog developing again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Arise Sir Cliff Ton man of common scene man of sane people .... Get deleting Son lets reclaim Nottstalgia back.

Hip hip hooray, Hip hip hooray, Hip hip hooray, for he's a jolly fellow, for he's a jolly fellow & so say all of us. :crazy:

• Upvote 3

Stop taking up valuable space RR !

• Upvote 2

For anyone who hadn't noticed......I've now seriously reduced several threads which had multi-thousands of post going back several years. A significant proportion of all posts on the site.

Song Association

Keep One Drop One

Word Association

What are you listening to now

They all now go back only a couple of weeks at the most.

More will follow.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

The Word Game participants have worked overtime tonight though CliffTon, just logged on and out of 25 posts on the opening page there are 15 posts for the Games!!!

Radfordred will be loving it when he gets on here in the morning.

It just goes to show how popular they are then doesn't it ? Take heed RR and the like ! 

Even before reading this I noticed that the system seems noticeably faster tonight.

Edited to add.  I've been on about fifteen minutes now and its going like greased lightnin'  Thanks lads.  There is a real difference.

Agreed it does seem more responsive so that cannot be anything but a good thing. Thank You.

One drawback is that it loses the originator of the thread and therefore they no longer get credit for their original effort

• Upvote 1

Fantastic work from mods, I doff my cap, glad it seems a lot faster for those that where struggling with speed, going forward theses individual Happy Birthday threads you don't leave your cards up all year do you? Could these be dumped after a week or so?

• Upvote 3
  • 4 years later...
On 3/29/2017 at 10:27 AM, Cliff Ton said:

The one I haven't done yet is by far the biggest.......How's Your Day.

577 pages and around 14,500 posts.

When that's trimmed down, this site will be so quick you'll never see it.

“How’s your day?” Must be do a clip, bit of a prune, 531 pages 13.300 posts long, might get the speed up for the few, someone mention molasses? 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 3/29/2017 at 10:27 AM, Cliff Ton said:

The one I haven't done yet is by far the biggest.......How's Your Day.

When that's trimmed down, this site will be so quick you'll never see it.

Get your clippers out youth 630 pages & 15729 replies most of it drivel 

Reckon ''Hows your day'' is my favourite.........i like to relate 'My Day'' when its been either 'Funny'' or Interesting..........and 99 per cent of it is Nottingham related or even sometimes ''Bulwell''.............:)

• Like 1