• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's see if I've got this right ! Getting it all wrong.

This is only a trial mind. Hoping I've learned to post pics. Will try not to bore ya'all. B.

Miniature stools Gem. All in need of some touching up where chipped. Had em ages, butterflies too.

Work in progress Ian. Similar image on ther other end...

20240106-121812.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Is that a bit of railway influence I can see through the hand hole?

Rog

No Rog., in actual fact it is part of a Nottingham lace coffee table cloth that I stood the box on.

Gresley A3 Pacific, Flying Scotsman 4472.

Barrie.

• Like 1

Looks good in there though Barrie I thought it was some hidden reference to canals being taken over by railways, 

(I must stop thinking)

Rog

I'll show you a picture of it once I've cleared the table.

• Like 1

Well, that's the other side done. And as a homage to Rog. Plantfit I've included a castle for him. Next will be a Copper Kettle for my brother in law...

20240109-131819.jpg

• Like 4

Pure talent mate, transformed an ordinary object into something beautiful

Rog

• Like 1

Morning BK

you do some lovely art work on your paintings. Have you ever tried Chinese brush painting?  I went to classes for 1  year, it look easy but it took me 35 attempts to paint a Panda, and still people ask "what is that"  a friend of mine has been on the course for a good number of years and her painting's are really good. 

Also Chinese writing with ink now that's another kettle of fish?

• Like 1

Hiya Mary, how do ! As I recall, we have already discussed this on two occasions. And at the risk of repeating meself, I can't be motivated to purchase the special brushes, inks and paper required. At the moment I've got some  projects on the go, including a copper kettle for my B.i.L., also a pair of mini churns that I want to do as a pair, although I've no idea what the subject will be yet. The kettle will be Butterfly themed, as per request. Are you going to show me the Panda you painted?

• Like 1

BK I know we have spoken before about this but i must admit I use normal brushes and water colour paint, I have a few Chinese brusher's but i find it just as easy to use the others, the only thing that i find hard to use is the ink, right now my lips are sealed.  I am putting down to an age thing.

Tell you what Cherub, I'll give it ago and provide it for your adjudication. And it won't be Willow pattern.  wereno1

• Like 2

@IAN FINN, if your'e up and about, you asked me to keep you posted re the Copper kettle. Well, here is the first instalment.

It is an absolute bugger to paint in sunlight, as the reflection is blinding. B.i.L is delighted with it though...

20240111-131120.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Love the butterfly, the copper kettle is in great condition and a lot better than one we’ve had in the shed for yonks.

• Like 1

Thank you Lizzie. Just finished putting another little friend next to it. It's very heavy and difficult to hold still. When sun shining on it, it's blinding and you can't see where to apply the paint. Tomorrow I will start the other side and I think it will be either a Peacock, Small Tortoiseshell or Swallowtail.

• Like 2

OMG @IAN FINN, it’s +6C here in Nottingham and that’s cold in my book!!  My weather app tells me we’ll get just below freezing during the night next week. 

What great work Beekay you are lucky with this talent. I envy anyone that can draw or paint.

• Like 2

Thank you Siddha, very much appreciated. As are all words of encouragement. One strives to do the best, but the older I get, the more taxing and tiring it becomes. I'll post the other side, when it's done.

Now the lid is finished. Made a temporary handle, as I left the brass finial in Notts...( small Tortoiseshell butterfly)

20240113-125606.jpg

• Like 1

Struggling Ian, struggling. Keep cutting my hands on the inside lip edge. Even had my hand stuck inside on Thursday.