daddy long legs !!!!!!!

• 4 years later...

I was sat at the PC in the wee small hours a couple of weeks back and heard a rustling, I looked arond me and couldn't see anything, it started again, this time my attention was drawn to a piece of wrapping paper that had been left out from packaging up a birthday pressie a bit earlier that night, on said paper, and tap dancing away, was one of my pet house spiders , still wearing "Doc Martins" carrying a switch blade and flicking the Vs at me !!!

We have a spider over our front porch its been evicted once, but its back i hate the darn things my Daughter has called it Bob

My daughter gets them in her house, in Phoenix. I wouldn't ever sleep again if I thought they could be in my bed/clothes/shoes etc. yuk.

I think the ones in the Southwestern US are more dangerous than the Southeastern types. They say the GA scorpions sting is about like a bee sting. I think the southwestern ones could kill under the right circumstances. Although I haven't heard of anybody being killed by one.

Good whack with a carpet slipper seemed to spoil his day, followed by a quick flush. I like winter here at least the bug population goes down a bit.

We used to get scorpions in the shower when we lived in California, not seen any here in Missouri, but the wife who hails from Missouri says there are scorpions here.

We used to get scorpions in the shower when we lived in California, not seen any here in Missouri, but the wife who hails from Missouri says there are scorpions here.

unionflag Listening to Radio 4 the other day, to hear a 'tip' re' scorpions, apparently if you drip alcohol on a scorpion it goes bonkers & stings itself to death, bit like that first pint of Shippo's on Sunday lunchtime thumbsup

according to my uncle who was in Libya and Egypt in WWII that is a myth, remember him saying they (young lads, 20 year olds) set it up with a ring of blazing petrol, said scorpians just made run for it, if you think about it why should this one creature have a built in euthanasia instinct or method?