The Best and Worst Places to Live in the UK: 2006 will be broadcast on Thursday on Channel 4.

The top 10 worst places to live in the UK

results are:

1. Hackney, East London

2. Tower Hamlets, East London

3. Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales

4. Newham, East London

5. Islington, North London

6. Middlesbrough, North East

7. City of Nottingham, East Midlands

8. Strabane, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland

9. Blaenau Gwent, South Wales

10. Manchester, North West

Should Nottingham be on this list?

I know when I lived in Nottingham years ago, it was known as the "Queen of the Midlands."

It just depends where in Nottingham you live I suppose.....

If you live within a six mile radious of slab square I can imagine why Nottingham is at number seven but go farther afield and things aren't that bad.....well not here in rain soaked Chilwell/Beeston...unless you hate having to walk on the road avoiding parked cars on the pavement and the small advertising boards that every shop on your high road puts out for you to trip over............nearly forgot those motorised OAP carts that can now be hired in every town......but does all that make for a bad city to live in ? !englandflag!

It just depends where in Nottingham you live I suppose.....

If you live within a six mile radious of slab square I can imagine why Nottingham is at number seven but go farther afield and things aren't that bad.....well not here in rain soaked Chilwell/Beeston...unless you hate having to walk on the road avoiding parked cars on the pavement and the small advertising boards that every shop on your high road puts out for you to trip over............nearly forgot those motorised OAP carts that can now be hired in every town......but does all that make for a bad city to live in ? !englandflag!

Yeah, some parts of Nottm are a bit rougher than others - take Chilwell for instance - I heard from a good reliable source that the old Ripley Strimmer was 'overin over 'ed recently looking fer degenetates that were tryin to nick somat from us law abidding citizens.

Haven't heard the old strimmer over my obode for quite some time. Maybe me car insurance is due a reduction in the premium now as our estate must be classed 'safer' :blink:

Well that about tops it off. I heard this morning we here in Nottinghamshire have one of the worst performing police forces in England......Why dosen't that surprise me........... pieinface

I know when I lived in Nottingham years ago, it was known as the "Queen of the Midlands."

Nottingham's descent downward from the days of 'The Queen of the Midlands' is mirrored by the upwards line of the growth of the immigrant population...

IMO, that is 95% of the worsening problem......

The very same percentage of Nottingham gun crime that is committed by blacks!

On a rare City visit last week I asked a Broad Marsh security man if they ever challenged the young 'hoodie' brigade in respect of CCTV coverage.

'Quite often' sez he....

And, for the same reason, what about these Muslim 'women' walking about looking like a black letter box?

'Not allowed to speak to 'em' sez he....

Case rested.

Cheers

Robt P.

Nottingham's descent downward from the days of 'The Queen of the Midlands' is mirrored by the upwards line of the growth of the immigrant population...

IMO, that is 95% of the worsening problem......

The very same percentage of Nottingham gun crime that is committed by blacks!

On a rare City visit last week I asked a Broad Marsh security man if they ever challenged the young 'hoodie' brigade in respect of CCTV coverage.

'Quite often' sez he....

And, for the same reason, what about these Muslim 'women' walking about looking like a black letter box?

'Not allowed to speak to 'em' sez he....

Case rested.

Cheers

Robt P.

SAY NO MORE THEY HAVE MORE RIGHT THEN "REAL CITIZENS" IM SICK OF THEM TRYING TO CHANGE OUR WAYS, GREAT BRITAIN IS GREAT NO MORE

BNPsmall.gif

On the other hand you better not come to the meet...Edwin... :Friends:

We don't want Brixton riots all over again.. :ph34r:

I think that should read Nottingham and Notting Hill Den.(1958) The Nottingham one was organised (if that is the correct expression for chaos!) by 2 of my school mates. I am not sure about the legal side of things,so won`t give their names.Suffice to say they both got lengthy prison terms. Of interest though,is that one died of alcoholic poisoning,but the other became a pillar of society.When he died of an asthma attack at quite a young age(around60) he had one of the largest funerals ever seenin Nottingham for an ordinary guy. He was really well liked and respected. Stan

After watching this load of tripe on channel 4, presented by a couple of inane zlisters, it beats me, how anyone can get excited by their definition of the best place to live, or get depressed by being on the their worst list.

I firmly believe that anyone with half a brain could go to any Town or City and film either broken windows or beautiful flower beds to get their biased point across. There again it is channel 4, why bother letting truth and facts get in the way of their s**t stirring.

The problem is, a lot of people believe this tripe, which negates the good some communities are trying to do, to improve their lot.

I live about 9 miles S/E of Middlesbrough, and I know for a fact the envoirement has improved tremendously over the last 20 years or so, and still is ongoing. Teesside has always,been the poor relation, so I am not surprised that we are on their worst list.

Nottingham has had some bad press over the last couple of years over its crime rate, but so has a lot of other places. In some cases far worse.

Again, what did they film for Nottingham, yes you have guessed it. a few broken wndows and a burnt out car for visual impact, you see, their bias holds no bounds.

We all know Councils and Town Hall could do more, but to me, prgrams like this do no good whatsoever.

I agree, but when you have this forum user putting up BNP picture it shows why there is problems. I think when I joined I must say OK not to put racist stuff on here. How does the man get away with that please ?

Being a public Forum it is permissable for every member to state his opinion weither or not it might conflict with our own.....I personally don't object to BNP picture and why should I. It's the members right to post whatever he likes as long as it falls within the bounds of the rules of this forum site.....Personally what I do object to is Bad Language in as swearing and abusive language used to denigrate someone....

Thank you Trafalgar.

And the Black picasso guy...he is wrong...why deliberatly make me feel foolish if I spell somthing. Not all black people are bad and yes it is wrong to start shouting and showing the BMP logo. It is against the forum rules !, I have just checked

Haven't we been down this road before...... kickme

Edwin..i am confused for a moment there your english was perfect...why do you flip back and forth with your lingo ?

oh and before you start no i am not a racist my cousin is married to a black man...i have many friends all of them differant colours too so dont dare go up the road of how your hard done by...if anything British people and that doesnt matter what colour you are you are born here you are british...what makes me sick is how we are now 2nd class citizens...to be married have a couple of kids and have a job wow is that the norm...my husband does two jobs to keep a roof over our head ....people who come from abroad here get loads of cash and a roof over their head they must laugh their selfs to sleep at night...great britain...no i think now its just britain.

now lets get back to what this forums about...and not fill the forums with of oh poor me.

Edwin..i am confused for a moment there your english was perfect...why do you flip back and forth with your lingo ?

oh and before you start no i am not a racist my cousin is married to a black man...i have many friends all of them differant colours too so dont dare go up the road of how your hard done by...if anything British people and that doesnt matter what colour you are you are born here you are british...what makes me sick is how we are now 2nd class citizens...to be married have a couple of kids and have a job wow is that the norm...my husband does two jobs to keep a roof over our head  ....people who come  from abroad here get loads of cash and a roof over their head they must laugh their selfs to sleep at night...great britain...no i think now its just britain.

now lets get back to what this forums about...and not fill the forums with of oh poor me.

;) !englandflag!

!well said!