Does anyone know what these small caves was used for. I was dropping some shopping of and notice these small caves and needed to know what they was for and i new just the place to ask. So if anyone has any idea please yet me know and some photos would be nice two Thank You robin

:Friends:

Would that be on bellar street just a little way down from the Ice Arena towards london road on the opposite side?

All around that area there are caves in fact before the Cricket Players were pulled down to make way for the new flats I went down the cellar in said pub, take it from me those cellars where massive and very deep.

I supose those caves on high pavement hollowstone, hence the name was at one time lived in by the poorer folk of Snottingham. :Friends:

Bip. :ph34r:

• 7 years later...

Article on BBC website today about new caves being found. Mentions 1 that is under the Old miltons head on Derby road, cliff put a picture up of the other day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-26816897

That's a weird coincidence because I didn't know anything about the Milton's Head cave story when I started that thread a few days ago. I did it because I'd noticed the place had the builders in. The BBC have provided a bit more information..... Property developer Paul O'Shea bought a 150-year-old building in Derby Road, in January, to convert into student apartments.

Now the above video clip is impressive. There is a well under the Malt House. That is very interesting indeed.

I recall wandering around the cave network from Wollaton Street way back in the 1980s and I am sure that if mapped, they could connect all the way to the Castle.

• 3 years later...