Does anyone remember those little packets of potato puffs we used to buy from the tuck shop when we were at school they were full of air & very yummy & obviously made from potato? also those really cheesy biscuits with holes in them & salty? ooo my mouth is watering! they were around the same time as the very large wagon wheels?

Ayup Caz,

I remember one year when I were a nipper getting a pound for my birthday and I spent it all on Potato Puffs, there seemed to be a lot of bags but I managed to eat em all

Rog

You mean Cheese Snips or is it bites? I believe Mc Vites make them still and the Puffs are still made too...

The cheese Bites or Snips are especially nice washed down with copious amounts of alcohol in your case Caz Dutch red vino gallons of it. :tease:

We have to be politically correct on here Baz,so we will call them people of other genders. I would love to go to the Mardi Gras,I can just see myself in black plastic pants & boots imsorry

I thought I would have seen you in the parade Baz. I looked everywhere but no sign of you. Admitted it's hard to recognise people with all the funny costumes.

Caz luv, sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender. Of which there are only two.

Alison

Sorry Alison,i'm a little naive when it comes to the other persuasions,perhaps you might explain so we are able to understand ?

Did you take part Alison, if you did a photo would be good?

I can just see myself in black plastic pants & boots imsorry

It wouldn't stretch my imagination to far either..yum :Kiss:

Bip. :crazy:

Does anyone remember those little packets of potato puffs we used to buy from the tuck shop when we were at school they were full of air & very yummy & obviously made from potato? also those really cheesy biscuits with holes in them & salty? ooo my mouth is watering! they were around the same time as the very large wagon wheels?

The small cheesy bicsuits were originally called Burton's Cheesettes. They came in a small red and yellow cellophane bag and cost 3d.

I remember them because, as form biscuit monitor, I had to sell them along with Penny Bourbons, Custard Creams, Sportsmen and one whose name eludes it at the moment. It was chocolate with a peppermint centre and came wrapped in foil.

I thought I would have seen you in the parade Baz. I looked everywhere but no sign of you. Admitted it's hard to recognise people with all the funny costumes.

Caz luv, sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender. Of which there are only two.

Alison

Funny costumes indeed!!

I'll have you know that my pink school cap and blazer are classics. smile2

Baz :ph34r:

Anyone remember Grannys cookies? they were yummy too.

Don't remember them, but do remember buying a tanners worth of broken biscuits. You didn't half get a lot.

That's when biscuits were distributed to the shops in big tins. Broken bikkies were the ones left over at the bottom of the tin and were much cheaper, but tasted the same.

Alison

The Penny cake shop that I know, was on Holgate Road.

A small bakery/shop where the wall used to bulge and get hot

where the oven was inside. Great to lean on in the winter whilst

you ate your (yesterdays) 'Penny Cake(s)'

It was a shilling for a school dinner (or a dozen cream cakes).

Yes its the old penny, 12 pennies in the shilling.

Or 240 cream cakes for a pound.

It was a shilling for a school dinner (or a dozen cream cakes).

Yes its the old penny, 12 pennies in the shilling.

Or 240 cream cakes for a pound.

I bet you did that without a calculator. They can't do that nowadays.

Went grocery shopping with my daughter recently. We had bought probably a dozen and half or so items. When we got to the checkout I had the correct money ready in my hand. My daughter looked at me in sheer disbelief when the printout came to the same amount. She thinks I carry a calculator in my handbag.

Hugs Alison

I bet you did that without a calculator. They can't do that nowadays.

No

I still carry one of those decimal conversion cards, that they gage out at decimalisation in 1971.