The Milk Race

Does anyone Remember the Milk Race. It ran several years, Bike Races across the country and a main stage was Nottingham, on The Forest. It was sponsored by the Dairy Industry.

850608-TheMilkRace4.jpg

I remember as a kid around 1965 sitting on top of the pavillion on the Forest watching the Bikes come through.

The pace cars were decorated with Milk Marketing ads. I think they had registrations like MOO 1 etc.

• 8 years later...

Poor students, I thought they could only afford to buy Pot Noodles and cheap Larger, they want their bloody arses kicking if you ask me, waste of space idiots

Rog

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I only managed to see the Women's Elite Race but the Square was packed, the sun was out and the skies were blue - what more could you ask for!

8846139779_4904923285_z_d.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Don't know if the back paths of the Forest would be up to it now.

Never rode it in anger myself, but I recall seeing (and meeting) the likes of Barry Hoban and Lucien van Impe there as dad organised some of the races...with Jimmy Savile doing the commentary and presenting the prizes!