Eurovision song contest.

Well it was different this year was"nt it,wish i had a bet on a "bearded Austrian Transvestite" being the winner!

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An absolute outrage ! The Dutch and Sweden, both had good songs and well sung beaten by a bloody freak. How do parents explain this to their offspring. One of my guests suggested it won with the help

You are quite correct benjamin,. My way would be....... don rubber gloves, take bread knife, remove genitalia of patient and cram into its mouth. Sorry about this first thing on a Sunday morning, but

I like Tiny Tim.

An absolute outrage ! The Dutch and Sweden, both had good songs and well sung beaten by a bloody freak. How do parents explain this to their offspring. One of my guests suggested it won with the help of the "Gay vote". Well that is worrying. Forget Russia, China , the USA starting WW3. Forget global warming and natural disasters wiping out the human race. Procreation will soon cease with all the "males" either having sex change ops or going around bu99ering each other.

We did have good food, good beer and good whiskey. An enjoyable evening was had by all.

Trouble is, we've got to see this clown back on next year.

• Upvote 4

AH AH AH,AH, I take it you not into all this different "sex gender" thing basfordred ? :laugh:

You are quite correct benjamin,. My way would be....... don rubber gloves, take bread knife, remove genitalia of patient and cram into its mouth. Sorry about this first thing on a Sunday morning, but as you must realise by now, being homophobic is another of my attributes. LOL

• Upvote 3

You might be right Bilboro lad.

You are quite correct benjamin,. My way would be....... don rubber gloves, take bread knife, remove genitalia of patient and cram into its mouth. Sorry about this first thing on a Sunday morning, but as you must realise by now, being homophobic is another of my attributes. LOL

i thought it was just a "QUAINT" Old English custom, :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Let's face it, the rest of Europe take this thing very seriously, we in the UK quite rightly take the p*ss out the whole overblown, corrupt farce. The only reason for watching it originally as far as we were concerned, were for the subtly insulting comments of the great Terry Wogan. I'm no great fan of Graham Norton, I find him extremely painful to watch most of the time, however I did feel sorry for him having to step into the great master's shoes and he did struggle at first, but last night I thought he was really superb, some of his comments made me really crack up, especially when the fireworks went off in front of the commentators boxes, 'Wow' said Graham, ' This is better than the gay wedding I never had.' Priceless.

I saw a preview of the 'Contest' last week on BBC Breakfast, it being discussed with the female ( genuine ) singer from the Scissor Sisters, Ana Matronic. I gathered then that there was much controversy over 'The Bearded Wonder' and that some countries were going to ban televising that performance or even the whole show as a consequence. That set alarm bells ringing for me, especially when I saw an excerpt of the freak singing that bloody awful overblown song, another case of the Israeli victory in 1998 when the transsexual Dana International won it with an equally putrid piece of song writing. ( Incidentally can someone explain to me why Israel, a Middle Eastern country qualifies for the 'Song for Europe' )??

Ana Matronic did bring to my attention the Dutch entry, well, she's American, she would like a good ole Country song, but then I like that genre of music too, this one being much in the style of Nashville based 'The Civil Wars', probably admired by Bob Harris to, but who in Europe likes this sort of stuff, even Graham Norton described it as Country and Western, not so, that went out with Jim Reeves and his fellow clone dirges.

I actually expected the Dutch song not to fare very well at all, so my missus went and voted for it to prove a point, great, it came second, clear to us that it would have won had the sympathy vote not gone to the talentless bearded lady and the 'back of a fag packet' song. There you go again, politics, corruption and freaks win the day every time, the quality of the song itself doesn't matter, but then we all know that. I dare say that next year, after learning from it's mistakes, the UK will go back to wheeling out some old has been that can no longer sing and dig out some rejected song from a West End stage production, it wouldn't be a good laugh otherwise would it.

As an afterthought, who remembers that strange, useless wierdo Tiny Tim back in the sixties, the comparison with Conchita is uncanny, apparently Tiny Tim eventually succumbed to a heart attack at a ukulele festival, we can live in hope.

• Upvote 2

I LIKED THE TRANNY

But did you like the song, isn't that what it's supposed to be about.

I was going to to say can you even remember the song, unlikely, even if you had 'fond' memories of it at the time.

At least Tiny Tim could sing!

I honoured the aerovision event by watching 'The Simon Cowell Show' instead, a program I usually detest!

Bring Back Hughie Green and that's what I say!

Con Cheater and Wurst........ That sums it up!

Firbeck #33, are you telling me that Israel managed to break away from the EU?

Their sycophants in their many roles payroll it and the rest of us don't they.

Tiny Tim wasn't a freak though. He was just odd.

Just noticed where France finished. Tee Hee Hee.

• Upvote 1