'favourite Motown tracks of the day'

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whilst working in in Detroit I took the opportunity to visit Hitsville USA, the Motown Museum. I have to say it was fanbloodytastic. It tells the story from the early days of Tamla. They had Mich

In a recent survey on Soul Source this Motown record was voted best ever. The vocals of Levi Stubbs make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

Might be a time to re-post my live recording of The Four Tops at the Odeon in the early 70s . I am sure that Still Waters was their current single at the time (unfortunately not on this bit ) . Abs

OK - tonight it's really late and I'm thinking about those days at the Hippo and one of my favourite songs back then was the Detroit Spinners - It's a shame. Loved it and the girl that used to dance with me when it was on!!

OK - tonight it's really late and I'm thinking about those days at the Hippo and one of my favourite songs back then was the Detroit Spinners - It's a shame. Loved it and the girl that used to dance with me when it was on!!

This one?

Oops - thank you Ayup - but it was late, I was tired! I really wanted to type:

It's a shame - The Spinners.

They were the Detroit Spinners before being the Spinners on Motown but I don't know if they were also the famous Detroit Spinners afterwards. Do you know? Craig will, or Pete or Ian.

Given the name Detroit Spinners over here so as not to cause confusion with the Liverpudlian/ Mancunian folk group of the same name. (The Spinners)

Just came home with the essential Northern soul album - about my 10th!

There's a track on it by Detroit Sound - we're going to party - that appears to be 'Festival time' with words! Good but not as good as the original!

Just came home with the essential Northern soul album - about my 10th!

There's a track on it by Detroit Sound - we're going to party - that appears to be 'Festival time' with words! Good but not as good as the original!

The "official" Festuival Time with words is by Laura Lee, and is called "To win your heart" obviously on Motown.

And yes, the Detroit/Motown Spinners are one of the same, using the prefix to avoid confusion with the Liverpool band. The American band obviously couldnt keep the Motown prefix when they left the label.

The "official" Festuival Time with words is by Laura Lee, and is called "To win your heart" obviously on Motown.

And yes, the Detroit/Motown Spinners are one of the same, using the prefix to avoid confusion with the Liverpool band. The American band obviously couldnt keep the Motown prefix when they left the label.

See - when you're around it all makes sense - Get your PC fixed!

OK i- it's Four Tops time! Do you remember how reach out was wall to wall hits? But on their second album they did one of my very favourites - 'Something about you'. How come no one seems to remember them any more?

Yes do have words with him for me too Craig,please. On the back page of the booklet that accompanys the C.D.there is a page for you to request your own sugestions for further publications. Well I went through the motions and although there were further issues I never even got a thank you for my reccomendations (I don't even know if they were used as all the comps came out whilst I was abroad ,95 onwards.)

My requests?

Groovin with Mr Blo.....Mr Blo

Footsie.....................Wigans Chosen Few

Tainted Love.............Gloria Jones

There were 4 but I can't remember the last one (Any of the above get in??)

Also it says RARE CLUB CLASSICS 1964-1980, yet the Maissonettes was Oct 82 (And I can't find a mention of you or your grand dad so he lied to you too LOL)

bitsa.jpg

Have to say out of all music genres I cannot abide motown!!!!!!!!

Have to say out of all music genres I cannot abide motown!!!!!!!!

So what are you doing on the post for your favourite motown song? Duh!

Kev did put Groovin' on one of his later CDs - North of Watford 2 - along with Spooky's day off

He put footsie on Lost Hits and Golden memories.

So I think you'll find he does listen - after all he wants you to buy his stuff - and there is some very good stuff on his compilations

So what are you doing on the post for your favourite motown song? Duh!

Kev did put Groovin' on one of his later CDs - North of Watford 2 - along with Spooky's day off

He put footsie on Lost Hits and Golden memories.

So I think you'll find he does listen - after all he wants you to buy his stuff - and there is some very good stuff on his compilations

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions

Can I put forward the exclusion and lifetime banning of those 2 ladies who commited blasphemy?

Joking aside, if you dont like Motown, as it was so well put before, why are you reading this section? !laughing!

Thats a bit like someone who knows they dont like curry, going to an Indian restaurant and ordering a Jalfrezi...........mmmmmmm.....................Jalfrezi..................!!!!!!!!

Now, as for the Motown track, another 4 tops song, erm.....did I do this before....? Where did you go.

Is it just me , or wasn't my "North of Watford" Northern Soul and not Bloody Motown any way ?????????????

(Sorry I'm in a bad mood today.)