Just been Santa (In my Santa outfit ) for the kids . Loads of pressies for them , I often wonder how the real santa does it all in one trip.

It's not so much fun when the kids have grown up, they're still in bed.

Have you tried looking at NORAD Santa, www.norad.org, it's the US defence agency tracking Santa around the world by defence satellites, he's nearly done, I just checked up and he's over Alaska at the moment. To get the best out of it you'll need Google Earth, but theres a nice little video of him doing aerobatics round Tower Bridge and the Millenium Dome.

Hope you all have a great Christmas Day, don't get too pissed, wer're off to have dinner with the outlaws in the next village later, I've volunteered to drive, but non of them drink anyway.

I met my brother who brought my mother half way down to Kettering on Tuesday, the traffic was abysmal, I had to take the back roads through Cambs and Herts to get there and back, a lorry fire on the A14 screwed the system up, she's happy though, my brother brought us some black and white pudding from the famous shop in Stanley, Ilkeston, so wer'e about to have a local feast for breakfast.

In case you've forgotten what Xmas used to be like, Wollaton Park during the Big Freeze, 62/63.

wh1.jpg

Can anyone remember what they had for Christmas that year, 1962, I'm sure I got the Hornby Dublo Deltic and a chemistry set. After the pork pie breakfast I got to work in the kitchen and upset my mother by producing Hydrogen Sulphide gas which I bubbled into a sink full of water and stank the house out, I was not popular.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New year to one and all!

Don't lets forget those who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, and those in the emergency services who are working today.

Peace to you all.

Brian

Sorry Beefsteak, I hadn't spotted your previous reference to Norad Santa, he must have finished early though, it must be only just after midnight in Alaska.

What did you get your kids, something you'll enjoy playing with all day I hope!!!

Incidentally, I had the HD Deltic for Christmas in 1961, still got it, 1962 I got my Ilford Sporti 4 camera complete with real leather case, I think I still have that somewhere.

Hello Val from Chilwell. I used to have a girl friend named Val,but she was from the Meadows, Wilford Road end. But did have aunties in Chilwell and had a few pints in the Inham Nook and another pub at the top of the then new estate at Chilwell. Happy new year!

Tim.