can anyone help me out here.....my oldest works in the states and now his mate and his family are here in Notts and they are wanting me to take em out for a "proper English sunday dinner"...now heres where i need ya help...Where to take em??????.....dont mind a 10 mile radius from Nottm center...i think country pub would be best for them????.........any ideas?????

http://www.longdale.co.uk/shop.htm

Try here. Near Ravenshead...You should get a super meal and the benefit of a free museum and arts and crafts shop.

We have not been since the new cok took over, but her predecessor (who was EXCELLENT) says the new lady is just as good. The owner / sculptor is called Gordon Brown... but try to ignore that !

thank you....we ended up having sunday dinner at the owd "Trip".....lovely it was to....£56 for 7 sunday dinners...i thought was pretty good too.....Oh yeh the family from Texas loved it in there.....they fell about laughing at Nottingham Castle though....and they charge you now to get in there.....good to see Robin Hood is still alive n kicking....lol

Just say "Ayupmeducks, ayagorrawiya" and they'll let you in for free. LOL

FREE entry Monday - Friday for Nottingham city residents and those who work within Nottingham city: Please bring proof of status (e.g Citycard, library card, council tax statement, employment ID badge or letterfhead from employer confirming mployment in the city). Excludes Bank Holidays and special events.

Copy & pasted from below - spot the 2 spelling mistakes

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/sitemap/l...nghamcastle.htm