cancer victims

Have been reading online about Jade Goody - a real shame... especially for her kids. The other victim who is carrying on is Patrick Swayze... read an interview of his plight in english magazine... the recent photo of him is shocking.... yes I realise he is getting on a bit but when you think of him in dirty dancing, he looks a shadow of his former self. Its a pity that they still haven't found a cure for this disease yet.

Yes I fully agree with your comments, the two people you mention are only the very tip of this terrible iceberg and we should'nt forget all the other millions who are suffering.

On a similar note, I was listening to Jade Goody's PR man, Max Clifford who said he is trying to raise as much money as possible for Jades two little boy's to help give them a good education, very comendable, but what about all the other young mothers who have suffered and are still suffering the same fate, who will champion their cause?

My thought's are with Patrick's and Jades family and all the other sufferers of cancer

Rog

Here Here

But I would also like to know how much P.R. guru Max Clifford is gaining from it. !!! Social pariah if you ask me

I must say I find the Jade Goody thing a little over the top. At least Patrick Swayze is not making his illness a media event!

From first hand experience, I can tell you that having cancer is no fun - and yes, we should do all we can to help fight it, treat those with it, and help those left in the aftermath. I am lucky, but I know many who were not, and they didn't have the advantage of publishing their troubles for profit!

I'm with you Limey. My wife has just got over an operation to remove a lump from her breast, which turned out to be cancer, after radiotherapy I am please to say that she has been completely cured - they obviously found it in time, but I know that there are countless thousands who are diagnosed and are not so lucky as my wife has been. Although I sympathise with Jade Goody in the fact that she has cancer I do think she is jumping on the band wagon to get money for her kids, very comendable but what about the thousands who can't do that and 'just get on with it'! It wasn'tso long ago that she was being slated for being a racist on big brother!!!!

I'd be interested to know how much imput the sinister and self promoting Max Clifford has had to do with poor Jade Goody choosing the path to 'Meet her Maker' in the glare of publicity.

Is he doing all this for nothing, I doubt it. Is he doing all this for his 'best friend', yeah, right, I presume they spend cosy evenings together, Clifford, Jade, Jack and her lovely mother, discussing the meaning of life, the universe, and everything, with a bit of analytical discussion about Proust thrown in for a bit of light relief. I hope he's not working out the finances as well.......2 for your kids......one for me......a bit for Jack......4 for me........not much for your mother......alot for me.

Loath her or love her, the truth is, Jade unbelievably stumbled into the limelight because of her own inadequacies in most things, physical and mental, but lets not critisize her for that, good luck to her for achieving her little bit of fame and fortune, how many people could handle that succesfully, the media created her, at least they seem to be giving her some respect at the end.

I also like the way that the glam, self promoting, obnoxious, not really very good, so called Bollywood star has added her two penneth, whatever you think of Jade, at least, she saw through her from the beginning.

Yes, there are people who are seriously ill who have received little publicity, but what do you expect, my long time friend and colleagues wife died last week, I'm going to the funeral on thursday, she was a love, but thats life and death, it ain't Jades fault that she won't be on the front page of the Sun.

Incidentally, if you really want to see how people can stoop so low, try this web site:-

http://www.whenwilljadegoodydie.com/

It will make you really puke, unless of course you hate the woman so much that it hurts.

Yes, that is really sick .... fancy going to all that trouble on the internet with such a horrible 'debate'. I can think of much worse characters that we have had to suffer a lot of in the media in the past. Yes, what is Max Cliffords angle on it all????

ps. Firbeck - hope the funeral goes ok.

Sorry folks I refuse to use the link, when one has been through the heart ache of seeing a love one being eaten alive by cancer that sort of link and what is on the other side of it discusses me.

Bip.

RIP Wendy Richard

She didn't need any publicity re her condition!!

She just went with her dignity intact

I just watched a little tribute to Wendy Richards on GMTV, all done in the best possible taste and no Herr Clifford in sight.

I had forgotten that one of her first TV roles was as Private Walker's girlfriend in 'Dads Army', what they didn't mention was that she was the girls voice on Mike Sarnes 1962 hit 'Come Outside', can anyone remember that.

Incidentally, the funeral I went to yesterday was one of the saddest I've ever been to, not helped by the fact that during the service, the vicar announced that the poor womans cousin and friend had died of cancer two days before, that was hard to take, still, the thing with funerals is that you meet up with some good old pals that you haven't seen for years, but, it was a very emotional experience for everybody, I was utterly drained when I got back last night.

• 4 years later...

It was our friends funeral Wednesday he had passed away the week previous, died of cancer and was only 68 a very well known person being an ex PC he would help any one and used to go around the schools teaching the children about safety when crossing roads, he used to arrange dance's holidays, walks, for Hucknall over 50 club. He played snooker and bowls.

The biggest shock was that I had been playing bowls with him only 2 months previous and he had not known that he had cancer.

He will be missed by most of Hucknall people.

R.I.P. JOHN

Mary1947, What was his last name?

John Hardy