SERVER CHANGE WILL RESULT IN DOWNTIME

You may have seen a screen from our web host whilst trying to access Nottstalgia forums.

Our records indicate that you are on a hosting plan that is no longer available.

Due to the downfall in the economy, ****Host has reorganized it's price plans.

We are no longer offering the yearly plans. You will need to convert to a month

to month plan to resume your service, regardless of your existing plan with us.

[Our terms of service states that we can change price plans at any time.]

Please DO NOT open up a support ticket on our website disputing this. The only

way to re-activate your account is to follow the instructions below. We will only

respond to your support tickets once your account is re-activated OR if you

are having trouble re-activating your service using the methods below.

Having paid for a years hosting with this company, They suspended the site with the above message.

Requesting more money before the site is reinstated.

I have paid an additional fee to be able to access the site and download up to date back up.

This will be moved to new hosting over the next couple of days.

Expect some downtime during the move

Well I think what one pays is quit reasonable for what one gets.....$5 a month is it..

Bip.

The point is Bip,

I have paid up front for a year.

They may well put their prices up With Prior notice would be good practice, and direct contact with the customer.

And not just put a screen up for all visitors to see, as if I was in default of payment.

I purchased a block of hosting a few months back from another host.

I have a number of site parked on that.

I will be moving Nottstalgia to that hosting.

"Downfall of the Economy"???

Dear web host we have had Politicians from all parties robbing us blind for years, so I cannot afford the new price.

well done mick,,,, I never did get on with blackmail "pay up or else", it's too frequent now.

I go back to my previous comments on lots of subjects, "they just don't care whether they keep their custom or not". Wouldn' you think, in this day & age, that all companies would fall over backwards to keep existing, good customers ? They deserve to go under !

Citing the downfall in the economy is a pee take,,,,,, don't they realise that it effects us all ? "because of the downfall in the economy, we can't afford a rise in payments - twat"

You've obviously been working hard behind the scenes over this lovely bank holiday weekend, you've done a brilliant job, my thanks to you.

Just a typical example of evil backstabbing when times allegedly get tough, from those profiteering in the 'Good Times'. I've seen so much of it, it makes you puke.

Our database is now getting so large with posts.

This is because I decided that all old posts will be kept available.

This is why I have been requesting for Quotes to be kept to a minimum.

Unfortunately some members have ignored that request.

New members can be forgiven for not knowing.

I will be moving to new hosting, as I will not allow the site to be 'held for ransome'

So that the host can cancel your paid hosting and hike their prices to six time the amount without notice.

As soon as the database can be moved, the site will move.

Thanks Frank

I already have a Reseller account elswhere.

Hence offering free web hosting for members here.

But now Nottstalgia will be moved there.

Just heard from those hosts

Hello,

Please upload the backup of the database to be restored to the server and provide us the path to which the backup has been uploaded so that we can restore it for you.

So dont post any lengthy posts as it will not be seen on the new site

I'm trying to find out from a mate who runs an IT business and has a couple of ISP's some recommendations for good reasonable large hosting's Mick, as soon as he gets back to me I'll pass them on to you. He's your side of the pond, not sure who hosts his sites but I'm sure he'll know some very good hosts who allow a large monthly bandwidth.

As you can see we are back (dont speak too soon!)

Thanks to assistance of our new Web host and much work by IPB support.

Oh and I did a bit too

Well done Mick

I shall now attempt to respond to all the posts that I wanted to that were posted whilst I was away!!

I started replying to them before I found out we were down !!

!clapping! Mick,

Only just read this one, you sure have worked hard to keep it going!!! weel done you, & many thanks.........

from one guy that misse Nott'm more than he cares to admit................ !congrats!

You may have seen a screen from our web host whilst trying to access Nottstalgia forums.

Our records indicate that you are on a hosting plan that is no longer available.

Due to the downfall in the economy, ****Host has reorganized it's price plans.

We are no longer offering the yearly plans. You will need to convert to a month

to month plan to resume your service, regardless of your existing plan with us.

[Our terms of service states that we can change price plans at any time.]

Please DO NOT open up a support ticket on our website disputing this. The only

way to re-activate your account is to follow the instructions below. We will only

respond to your support tickets once your account is re-activated OR if you

are having trouble re-activating your service using the methods below.

Having paid for a years hosting with this company, They suspended the site with the above message.

Requesting more money before the site is reinstated.

I have paid an additional fee to be able to access the site and download up to date back up.

This will be moved to new hosting...

Now we have the site running under new hosting, after a lot of work.

I will be writing an email to the above gent, and telling him I no longer need his hosting,

But I am a bit stuck for the the exact words, anyone have any thoughts on what and how I should tell him?

Mick2me

re my problem accessing the site since the downtime - it seems the problem is due to Tiscali. Since my husband has had the computer the TCP/IP was set to receive the DNS automatically. Tiscali asked me to set it manually and gave me the settings, and guess what - it now works.

Don't know whether any other members who are with Tiscali have had similar problems. What I cannot understand is it seems it was only your site I could not get onto.

Val

PS I sent a message to your You Tube site - you can ignore this now.

I too am with Tiscali and I have problems on other sites but not here , It keeps disconnecting from the internet, and then wants to reconnect through MSN.