A Quick Quiz, which relatively local Station is this

Whilst looking through some of my pics, I found this one, I recall taking it and wandering round the site at the time. It's very sad that such a magnificent edifice has been wiped of the face of the earth without trace, I have got some momento's of it though.

Note that the platform glazing has gone and that the roof covering has been stripped.

I wonder what happened to those magnificent cast iron brackets.

Ok, a clue, catch a train from there and you might have ended up at one of the major Nottingham stations.

Not very helpfull am I, note the word 'relatively'.

Sorry not to get back on here sooner, correct Scriv and Annesley, it was Derby Friargate.

I've been trying to find some pictures of it in it's heyday but they are as rare as hens teeth for some reason.

friargate.jpg

friargate2.jpg

Following our annual trips to Derby Open Day, my old man used to bundle us on to a trolleybus off to Friargate where rather than fighting our way on to an overcrowded DMU back to Nottingham, we would arrive at this deserted station and catch the Llandudno saturday excursion back to Vic, always a very long and empty train hauled by a Class 5.

We went back one day in 1965 prior to the station being destroyed, which was when I took the photo, the glazed canopies had gone, but I remember the ground floor booking hall being strewn with documents and all sorts of labels such as:-

scan0023-2.jpg

scan0024.jpg

I've got hundreds of them rescued from the vandals, the North Staffs employment cards are interesting, look at the date, I've got loads of them.

Has anyone else got any memories of Friargate, Derby's unloved station.

must be nice to be an 'Excepted Person'.

Victorian clinical classifiction, obviously, it would appear that some of us still aren't mate, things don't change much do they.