U.K. Visit in March

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to come along on the next occasion. As Eric will necessarily be conspicuous by his enforced absence I'd like to offer to drink all his pints for him too.

Can't say fairer than that. ;)

I feel a song coming on...

Get about as oiled as a diesel train

Gonna set this dance alight

'Cause Saturday night's the night I like

Saturday night's alright, alright, alright

You seem very chirpy Stu is that your first night out this year on your own?

As I have explained I was sat on my arse in the QMC when all the fun was happening so I feel I’ve missed out on a good night so yes let there be another, next time I’m using the bus and going sober.

Where are the pictures? Didn’t anybody take any?

Back home in Michigan!

Just wanted to re-thank everybody that made an appearance last Friday (sorry we missed Red), and to say what a great bunch of folks you all are! I think even the "young uns" that we adopted for the evening were impressed by the diversity of our little gathering - and probably a little amused by us too!

It would be very cool if this became a regular "event" - although I will have to attend vicariously - and remain in envy of the availability of excellent beer choices! But suffice to say that another meet up at the Poacher will certainly be on the itinerary anytime I have the chance to travel back to my homeland!

Forgot to mention: I managed to go the whole seven days without a drop of Greene King product passing my lips! Firbeck should be happy! Hemlock Bitter is highly recommended!

I know it was me that suggested a Saturday meet up rather than a Friday, but I can't make this one as I'm off to East Anglia on the Monday!!