Anybody on here had any experiences with Ghosts? the reason I ask is because my dog died a few months ago & not only can I feel him here sometimes, but I swear I can smell him too,in the car, & in the house. He hardly ever went in the car so it's not like he left a smell there, it's very spooky.

Quite a few years back, my wife and I visited Wilson Creek civil war battlesite here in Missouri. I had the strangest feelings while walking around the site. Hundreds of Union and CSA soldiers died there in a vicious battle. I asked Mary if she had had any feelings there and she agreed...eerie!

When I was a kid, we lived in Osman Terrace off Briar Street, two up two down terraced house. I was in bed and I heard someone come up the stairs, and that was it, no door opening or closing. My parents hadn't come to bed nor had either of them been upstairs prior to them going to bed.

I did find out later that an old women had died in that house. I never heard anything odd again there.

Anybody on here had any experiences with Ghosts? the reason I ask is because my dog died a few months ago & not only can I feel him here sometimes, but I swear I can smell him too,in the car, & in the house. He hardly ever went in the car so it's not like he left a smell there, it's very spooky.

Hope it's not a wet ghost dog Caz, bet they'd stink as bad as a live wet dog :blink:

My mom works in an old building that used to be a brothel in the late 1800's. In the evening, after the store has closed and nobody else is in there, sounds like the rustling of womens skirts have been heard, and one time I was with her when she opened the shop, a card rack had somehow been moved into a doorway. :o Don't know if anyone died there, but it was in the "Wild West" days, so anythings possible. :blink:

I was about 19 years old, apprentice electrician, underground at Clifton pit on nights. My Chargehand had asked me to go and locate a piece of machinery, last reported in the returns where the supplies were brought through on the way to the faces.

This part of the oit dated back to the 1940's and earlier, good place for ghosts :blink:

I rode the manrider inbye and rode 2's belt down to the inbye bunker site where there were a set of airdoors through to the returns.

I was now alone and checked the first set of supplies, nothing, just general mine supplies. So I set off, the road was fairly narrow and pretty dusty, the road veered to the left and here was another "cache" of supplies, nothing that appeared what I was looking for. I set off again, and heard "creak, creak, creak" as I was walking. Ken, the chargehand was known to have an odd sense of humour, so I thought it was him sneaking up on me to scare seven shades of...weelll......out of me.

I turned round fast, no one behind me, I turned my cap lamp off, total darkness!

Now I'm getting nervous! My pace increased, "creak, creak, creak" I stopped dead, turned my light off quickly, and nothing, now I was starting to break out in a sweat!

"Creak, creak creak, creak, I was almost in a panic now! I reached another turn in the road and stopped dead again, turning my light off, nothing! Some bits off rock fell from the sides, that made me jump!

I set off again, then started to realize what the creaking was, I was walking on the sleepers of the tracks, and the tracks being old, weren't ballasted, and that was where the creaking was coming from.....Phew, I felt an idiot, nights, the dark and old roadways had me thinking ghosts...

Hey John my favourite subject as a once non believer. But most of my family now gone to the other side(if that exsists that is) none have appeared to me in person, just hubby and he is more sceptical than me until .... one day :o

Where do i start, my best mate Margaret died of an incurable disease, not thru her fault however, it was passed on to her by her then husband. You can guess which it is, it started in Africa???

Anyway she died in her early 40,s. her family rang us and told me to sit down, they had bad news for us. Totally unprepared, they said she had committed suicide, and hung herself.

We, me and Alan were going on holiday the week after her death, i could not cancel as we went with his parents. According to the family and friends the funeral went fine.

We came back from our holidays and things started to happen in our house, we were in bed one night when the alarm went off at least 3 times, alan went downstairs to investigate, thinking we have burglars, but no, no one there.

Different things happened over that week, like her picture falling off the wall face upwards on my lounge floor, my youngest daughter took a bath one evening and things flew off the wall. The stereo would get louder when music played. do many different things happened in our house.

We decided to check out a medium, laugh you may well, i did. But what that medium told me was awe inspiring. She told me about Maggie as she called her and how she was trying to get back to send some message to us , that she understood how upset i was at her passing. Hence she was doing these things to get my attention in my house, she even told me that maggie liked my new drapes in my lounge, how spookie love.

We did what the medium suggested and asked out loud to margaret to stop it, but hey guess what, she is still at it, my neighbours will confirm this. when i play sixties music, go in my kitchen and prepare the dinner, the stereo system goes louder and louder . i have witnesses to this, but in my heart, i know its just margaret saying hello, and asking me to think of her, which i might add, we do.

My house is on the market, but i know wherever i go Margaret will come with me in spirit, We just tell her go now "go away margaret" we love you still, and please dont keep starting our burglar alarm off in the middle of the night, we have to sleep you know, you are sleeping.

It seems to work now, she is listening, but she is all around here sometimes, aids is a horrible disease she should know, thats why she took her own life.

Goosy pimples now, as i type this i still feel her with me, her soul and presence, and i do love her still as the best friend i ever had in this world anyway.

Oh Dicko, apart from giving me goose pimples your story made me sad. How lovely that your best friend should choose you to visit, must make you feel close to her still.

The undertaker came home from work one evening and his wife noticed that his eyes were filling up with tears.

"What's up dear? Have you had a bad day?"

The undertaker gripped his concerned wife's hand, stared her in the eyes and said,"...........

I see dead people

:D

• 5 years later...

I have one in my house things dissapear only to turn up in a different place from where they were taken from, sometimes we can smell cigarette smoke and none of us smokem, one night it got so bad it felt like i was choking and as i hace asthma it wasnt good so i said i dont mind you coming to visit but dont smoke in my house,if you want a fag go outside we have heard voices and have been touched as well, we call her Nelly because a Nellly lived in my house in 1933 and she has carved her name on the brickwork near the front door. Pictures have fallen off the wal too also i watched a little dolphin slide off of the television just like a hand was behind it, just a couple of days ago we smelt food cooking and nothing was on the cooker. The house i am in was built in 1900

Two years ago i had to have a small operation on my leg and i was a little scared so i asked the spirit world for help, well , when i got to the hospitil and was waiting to be called in i heard two nurses talking and they mentioned a patients name it was the same name as my late Uncle and he died some 25 yrs ago i think he was there for me then it sure made me shiver.

Caz if you if you think about it your dog was happy with you and loved you he is just coming back to tell you he is ok now, i wouldnt worry, next time it happens just say hello i know it might sound crazy but if you are comforted by his visits just let things be

I USED TO LIVE ON THE SITE OF THE OLD LENTON PRIORYBEFORE WE MOVED IN THE MAN WHO LIVED IN OUR HOUSE USED TO SAY A MONK WALK DOWN THE CORRIDORTO THE FRONT DOOR I NEVERSAW HIM BUT WHEN MY YOUNGER SON WAS TWO OR THREE YEARS OLD I WOULD HEAR HIM IN HIS BEDROOM OBVIOUSLY TALKING TO SOMEONE WHEN I WENT IN AND ASKED WHO HE WAS TALKING TO HE WOULD TELL ME THE MAN IN THE LONG BLACK FROCK WITH A HOOD AND ROPE TIED ROUND HIS WAIST HE WAS TOO YOUNG AT THE TIME TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MONKS OR THE LENTON PRIORYIT WAS ONLY LATER WHEN I DID SOME RESEARCH INTO THE ABBEY THAT I FOUND OUT THAT THEY WORE BLACK HABBITTS AND NOT THE USUAL BROWN SEEN BY MONKS. I WOULD ASK LEE WHAT HE TALKED TO THE MAN ABOUT AND HE WOULD SAY ALSORTS OF THINGS WHEN ASKED IF HE WAS FRIEGHTEND HE WOULD SAY NO WHY.

YOU MAY DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS TO THIS AS I DO. I MYSELF HAVE SEEN GHOSTS ON A COUPLE OF OCCATIONSTHE FIRST TIME WHEN I WAS VERY SMALL AND LATER WHEN I GREW UP I TWICE BELIVE I SAW GHOSTS ONCE ON ARNOLD LANE LATE AT NIGHT COMMING HOME I SAW AN OLD MAN PUSHING A BIKE UP THE HILL HE SUDDENLY DISAPEARED BUT THERE WAS NO WERE FOR HIM TO HAVE GONE HAVING SEEN THE SAME SPOT IN DAYLIGHT MANY TIMES SINCE THERE WAS JUST VERY THICK HAWTHAWN HEDGES .THE PERSON WHO WAS WITH ME SAW THIS TOO BUT DID NOT SAY ANYTHING TO ME TO START WITH AS HE DID NOT WANT TO FRIGHTEN ME OR ME THINK HE WAS MAD.

THE SECOND OCCATION WAS YEARS LATER WHEN A FRIEND OF OURS WAS KILLED THIS WAS A FEW MONTH AFTER OUR MIDDLE SON HAD DIED OF A COT DEATH. ON THE DAY OF OUR FRIENDS FUNERAL I SAW HIM WITH MY BABY IN HIS ARMS AT THE PLACE AT WILLFORD HILL I HAD LAST SEEN HIM ON THE DAY OF OUR SONS FUNERAL. I KNOW THAT MANY PEOPLE WILL SAY IT WAS ALL IN MY MIND YES AT ONE TIME I WOULD HAVE SAID YES IT WAS BUT CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW I SAW BOTH OUR SON AND OUR FRIEND DRESSED IN THE CLOTHS THEY WERE BURRIED IN MY SISTER PICKED OUT MY SONS CLOTHS AND I DID NOT KNOW TILL AFTER THIS POINT WHAT SHE HAD CHOSEN AND OUR FRIEND WAS BURRIED IN A NEW SUITE SHIRT AND TIE THAT HE HAD ONLY BROUGHT TWO WEEKS EARLIER AND WE HAD NEVER SEEN IT AND WAS ONLY TOLD BY HIS WIFE SOME MONTHS LATER WHEN TALKING TO HER ABOUT HIS FUNERAL WHAT HE WAS BURRIED IN . SO ONCE AGAIN YOU MAY DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION BUT I KNOW WHAT I BELIVE .

Not long ( a couple of days maybe) after my Dad died (April 1990) I was working for the RAC on Bridlesmith Gate, (Outside The Fountain Pub) I wasn't feeling too clever, probably a bit of exhaustion (Trying to keep my sales figures up by still working, chasing all over the country, trying to get hold of family and friends, who, believe it or not, still didn't have phones then !! Including getting my sisters family home from holiday in Cornwall and my brother home from Grimsby, in one day )

This was still before his funeral, obviously!!

Any way I was trying to keep myself going , and really wanting to go home ,but as I had targets to achieve it wasn't possible to do it. To try to keep myself going I looked over the heads of the regular Saturday shoppers to change my view as best I could, only to see my Dad standing about 30 yards away from me (Towards town) He gave me a nod as if to say "Thanks" I rubbed my eyes, and he was gone.

Wishfull thinking I hear you say, but I like to think I really saw it!!

I walked through St Leo's graveyard at basford one night and heard this "Tap Tap Tap" sound, tried to ignore it but it carried on, got really scared, then as I turned a corner saw an old bloke kneeling down at a tombstone banging it with a hammer and chisel, I was quite scared but also angry, "what the **** are you doing? you scared the **** out of me" (or words to that effect), he replied

"THEY'VE SPELT MY NAME WRONG" !

Was that the same night as 2 guys ( one with a club foot and one with a humped back ) saw that bush shaking..they approached the bush and a voice boomed..." whats that on your back ? "...the man replied " its a hump"..a hand shot out of the bush toward the hump and took the hump off the mans back and shot back into the bush...The other man looked at his foot and said to the bush..."what about me"..the hand rushed out again towards the man and the voice boomed " HAVE A HUMP "

or was that a different night ??