What did you name your children and why?

We have 6 kids and are always being asked their names and how did we pick them so i thought i'd explain on here also. Here goes...

Kain Brian Robert age 16... The first name is from an album by New Model Army (the wife's choice not mine), 2nd was my dads name and the 3rd is my name.

Tayah Asha Kiara age 10... The first name came from the wife again (who am i to argue)she thought it would be unique but we have seen a few Tayah's around since, 2nd is named after a good friends daughter ( a muslim who was quite honoured that we would do that) and the 3rd is after a male friend of mine "Kieron".

Elleigh Jeanne Louise age 8... This was my chance to pick the 1st name although the wife (again) insisted on the spelling, 2nd is the mother outlaws name and 3rd because it is one of the wife's names. Are you starting to get the feeling that i have to do as i'm told lol.

Anya Niamh (pronounced "Neve") Elisabeth age 5... And once again it was the wife's choice to pick the 1st name, a short version of the Russian "Anastasia" (nothing at all to do with the singer), 2nd came from the wife's love of Irish names and 3rd comes about because of the wife's favourite period of English history but once again with a spelling change.

And last but not least...THE TWINS age 3

Myla Poppy Sienna...The 1st is just a very old English name, 2nd is because the wife (again i hear you say) always wanted to name one of the brood after a flower, 3rd is just a name she liked.

Finn Barry Thomas...The 1st comes from the wife's love of Irish names again, 2nd is the father outlaws name and the 3rd is the wife's brothers name.

And there you have it.

Mine are called "Pack it in" and "Stop it now" well I think that's what they are called, as it's what SWMBO keeps calling them!!

Seriously, Charlotte Amy (Aged 6) is so called as SWMBO loved the name Charlotte and Amy after my grandmother and Adam John Carruthers is Adam from my choice really , (I've had two good freinds called Adam) and John Carruthers is after my Father in Law, it's a long standing family name (He's the fifth generation to carry it )

I grew up thinking my name was....Bleddy Bogger !!!! I have never heard that expression anywhere other than Nottingham!! Its a gud'un!!

Owdtite. (dont delete it cos its not proper swearing is it?).... !rotfl!

My son is Charles Lawrence Stanley - Charles is my middle name, and is for my mother's father (my grandfather) who was killed in a coal mine accident long before I was born! Lawrence is his maternal grandfather, and Stanley his paternal grandfather (my dad)!

When he started going to daycare, he hated being called Chuck or Charlie, so he eventually adopted the name "Chip" - which he goes by to this day!

You all make my kids look boring! We picked our kid's names because we just liked them. Ian Scott, Heather Louise and Robin Neil.

My first wife (bless her) used to think my name was Bo££ocks Roger, did'nt have the heart to tell her it was just plain Roger

Rog

Daughter turned up early @ about 7 month 2 lbs 6 got the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck so she copped for the strippers name that was on the Variety Club that Sunday dinner = Gemma could have been worse week later it would have been Misty Blue !!

Son Joe after Mr Strummer (if we where to have have a girl it would have been Jo) middle name Cobain after Kurt.

Names rejected for 2nd Son/Daughter by Mrs Red Stan after Mr Collymore / Holly also after Mr Collymore (clever) Middle name also rejected for Joe which i liked was Ninety or just 90.

talking of colleymore I wrote and taped a song "Stan the man" which I sent him when at height of his fame with forest, never heard a thing back! wish I'd done same for Pierre Van Hoojidonk as someone did when he was with Fenerbahce, made no.1 in Turkey and it was constantly on tv radio and in bars etc, all together now "Van Hoojidonk, he likes to bonk"... perhaps not eh, lol