360 Club Bulwell

The Buffs aka the poor mans masons.

Before moving to that site their meetings were held at the Highbury Vale Hotel(now boarded up) My ma+pa in law ran the place till 1964 then moved to the Grove on Queens Bridge Rd.That place use to heave Fri/Sat nights+ always a good punch up to round off the evening.There used to be a big fish tank at the back of the bar full of fish---one night someone lobbed a bar stool thro it--glass,fish and water everywhere..Those were the days,happy times. :D

coopers club once named 360 to us still is that, being as we are still members lol, hubby in them buffs, he dont go very often these days, bit boring now he says, trying to learn the secret code from him under the influence, to no avail.

Many good memories in the sixties of the good old 360 club. hey they still have live bands in there at the weekends though, many sixties music too.

Piccadily club just down the road was the other drinking oasis anyone remember that too,, dicko

• 5 years later...

Surely somebody here must remember the great nights at the 360 in the late 60s/early 70s?

I was one of the DJs with the Magic Roundabout Disc Show. We did weekends and a couple of week nights at the upstairs room at the 360. Dave Cartwright also DJd and Dave Pickering was our 'Business Manager' ;). Dave ran a few 360 reunions at Bestwood Miner's Welfare in the late 90s. We also used to book in lots of local bands like The Clockwork Toys, Sons and Lovers, Nerve, Carl's Fables, Whichwhat and many more, including the curiously named 'Lambs of the World' who included Mick Vaughan, later famous in Paper Lace.

Also bands from further afield, Like Mickey's Monkeys (Sheffield?) Tiny Davis Soul's A Go Go and Samson, from Darn Sarf...

We even had Root n Jenny Jackson once, but we lost a fortune because nobody believed we'd got them and very few turned up.

Love to hear from anyone who remembers those days and would be delighted if anyone has photo's.

Col

• Like 1

I DJ'd there in the 60s

We were called 'The Magic Roundabout Disc Show! ( posh eh?)

I was the handsome one.... !rotfl!

There was Dave Pickering ('Manager') Dave Cartwright, and yours truly (DJ's) Also Tony Hay. Still in touch with both of them but 'Picko' seems to have dropped off the radar.

A lad called 'Patch' Prewit (Sp?) from Hucknall also used to guest DJ. Sadly, I'm told he passed away some time ago.

The Manager of the 360 at the time was called Don Cleaver.

We useter book in many of the local bands too. Sometimes we would have up to three bands on in one night.

We also did stints at Robinson's Hill Social Club and the Carlton Hotel, as well as the usual '1 off' bookings.

Some of the best days of my life and I really miss those times.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 3/17/2005 at 1:05 AM, dicko said:

coopers club once named 360 to us still is that, being as we are still members lol, hubby in them buffs, he dont go very often these days, bit boring now he says, trying to learn the secret code from him under the influence, to no avail.

Many good memories in the sixties of the good old 360 club. hey they still have live bands in there at the weekends though, many sixties music too.

Piccadily club just down the road was the other drinking oasis anyone remember that too,, dicko

hi dicko i remember the picko from when it started in1964 i was resident singer thwere then , it was owned by harry roe a great tenor singer later he sold it to jack packham who turned it into a night club then he in turn sold it to les newcombe and from there it went down hill till iut was shut mainly from protest of noise ect from mick peach who lived then on brooklyn road !!!!!

• 2 years later...

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/soulforum/calendar/event/26670-federation-soul-club-nottingham-on-tonight/

There's a letter on this federation soul club web site referring to a DJ from the 360.club called Steve Austin, it sounds as though you all had some great nights there. Where abouts in Bulwell was the 360 club

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

@ Norm the Storm.

I remember you all well. Pete and Billy did a very creditable 'Sam and Dave' tribute, plus some excellent renditions of Otis type stuff. If I can, I'll post a page from my 1969 diary showing the date. I've also got a cancelled cheque from what we paid you!

Bill later appeared on 'New Faces' or similar and released a couple of singles.

360 Club now sold and being converted to flats. Mal Redman who was one of the old stalwarts and now does his own soul nights posted some pics of the interior just before the builders got stuck in. I'll try to post them too.

As I understand it, Steve Austin ran 'Pulse Discotheque', which was active around Nottm (including 360 I think) but after I left for pastures new. I met Steve at one of Dave Pickering's 360 Club re-unions sometime around 1997. Held at Bestwood Miner's Welfare. Dave now regularly comes up to Liverpool which is handy for me. We meet up at Lime Street. Go for a feed and then get drunk in the Cavern..

The simple plans are always the best. ;)

Col

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Can you remember the bloke on the door at the 360 Ian ?  Old fella with a "Gammy" leg his name was Arthur. A really smashing bloke !

As you said 360 was good & everyone in there were friendly. 

I think the 360 lost a lot of trade to the "Oakleigh Lodge" down the road at Northern Bridge.