By quite a long way, this is the greatest number of threads active since I've been looking here

Never seen it go to 2 pages before

Has nobody got anything better to do, or is everybody just hyperactive?

pages.jpg

It only takes a couple of new active members joining and bumping a few old topice they were reading.

see my other post about being top Nottingham forum in Google and other search engine results.

( Were the tops)

• 9 months later...

great news but perhaps the weather keeping people in more and on here more but its nice to see anyway

It's great to see!

I think as Mick alludes to above the difference is definitely the injection of a little new blood and different perspectives - both from our friends abroad and new friends more local to home. I think this inspires longer-standing members to offer new views.

There also seems to be a good chemistry between the members community too - better than I've seen it in my time here dare I say.

As always, thanks to all for providing knowledge and interest and making this an entertaining and informative place to visit.

Every time I come on here I find something that jogs the old memory. It's a great site. They say that nostalgia ain't what it used to be - well I reckon it is, and more besides.

!jumping! Pity the jumping man emoticon never works.

• Upvote 1

The post I made in this thread last night jogged my memory of a Whale in Nottingham. Turns out that the very same subject is being discussed in the forum 'Nottingham by Era' at the moment! Mega coincidence I think.

You are right Stu.

There are also many members who still read daily even if they don't post.

Some that used to be regulars have emailed me directly with material.

The best way to jog your memory is to use the advanced search COG Button

next to the search box top right. Ensure the search is set to all forums not just current thread or other search.

Its only down to the quality of the membership and the content they produce, that we have not died a death like many other forums.

We are in our 8th year now.

Keep it up people.

The best way to jog your memory is to use the advanced search COG Button

next to the search box top right. Ensure the search is set to all forums not just current thread or other search.

I do this but don't always find it successful. I liked your tip about searching for the subject - along with the word 'Nottstalgia' - in Google, and have had some success with that.

Yes the internal search could be better. But We are well rated and visited by Google so that method works pretty well.

Katyjay..........................you got nowt better to do withissen? shunt yer be aht choppin' logs or summat, like wot all arizona settlers do in the cowboy films?

Paulus, I'd already chopped a few trees down, made a campfire and sang a few songs around it, whilst drinking cowboy coffee, and fought off a few injuns, so thought I'd take a shufty at the site.

I'm picturing you Katyjay as Doris Day looking like 'Calamity Jane'! :ohmy:

Conjured up all sorts of images.......................lol, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Paulus, I'd already chopped a few trees down, made a campfire and sang a few songs around it, whilst drinking cowboy coffee, and fought off a few injuns, so thought I'd take a shufty at the site.

You 'Frontierspersons' (not pc to say Frontierswomen) are really tough.........................but go easy on the grits n' beans!!

Looking at the Users Online area, I note that a thread I've just posted on immediately has eight listings for 'Facebook' reading it. How does that work, is it somebody logging in through Facebook?

I've noticed that for the last week or so. At the bottom of most threads it seems that 'Facebook' is always there, along with any real people as well. Does it mean that Facebook is permanently connected to this site now?

Is that also responsible for the massive increase in the number of "Views" showing on each thread. Looking at items which were started today or yesterday, they already have 300-400 views within less than 24 hours. That number used to be about 20-30. What's different?

Glad some others have noticed Facebook as a User. On this post at the moment, it is showing 7 users and listing just myself and Facebook. Thought for a moment that I was being tracked. You can open up a thread anywhere in this Forum and within a short time, Facebook is shown as a named user with the actual number of users being far more than the named ones; as today.

Went to an old post 'Sign of Four Magic Emporium, Derby Rd Nottingham' and just myself to start off with then by the last page, I had company! 8 users and only names listed were myself and Facebook. RGR's latests post shows 8 users, me, RGR and Facebook. Nothing shown in Guests or Anonymous. I am getting paranoid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop Press....posted this and checked users.....only 2, myself and anonymous. Facebook had disappeared

Glad some others have noticed Facebook as a User.

Stop Press....posted this and checked users.....only 2, myself and anonymous. Facebook had disappeared

It seems to come and go as a User. Still a big number of "Guests", but not an increase in the number of posts, or new members.

I don't want Facebook following me around on any site