Nepalese food in Nottingham

Visited the Gurkha Kitchen on Glaisdale Drive, Bilborough last evening and I wondered if anyone had tried this restaurant? I'm not aware of anywhere else in the locality that serves Nepalese food or if this place has been mentioned here before?

I can recommend a Sunday night visit for the buffet-style dinner at just £8.99 per head. The restaurant is situated in what used to be the 'Poacher's Pocket' theme pub and does seem a slightly incongruous conversion but that doesn't detract from a nice meal. It's a large restaurant and was very sparse in its custom when I visited but the food was excellent, great choices, original and plentiful.

I do recall a single visit to the old Poacher's Pocket - not sure what it had been named prior to that - my major memory being a most annoying contraption situated high up on the wall that popped out cuckoo clock style to present what I think was a game keeper reciting a tirade against the 'poacher' on the hour, every hour! Enough to turn a man to drink (or certainly a different pub),

http://www.gurkhakitchen.org/

I tried nepalese food once.

I really enjoyed it.

Is it eat as much as you like.

If so, myself and Denshaw have attempted to bankrupt a couple of similar establishments.

Practice makes perfect :)

PS. Is a booking required?

The Sunday buffet deal enables you to trot back up and collect as many servings of the various starters and main courses as you can handle Mick. Prior to that for your £8.99 you'll receive a large poppadom each with a tray of four dips. With your main course you'll be served a large (choice of three kinds) nan bread to share. It's all rounded off with a cup of coffee in the deal. My draft lager was £3.50 per pint. It's a very good deal and the food is excellent.

I can only speak for last night re booking but in a large restaurant only three or four tables were being used. We didn't book and apparently this is not normally necessary for a Sunday evening.

• 1 year later...

We have one in Loughborough

My wife & stepson have had a takeaway(delivered to the door) and I am assured it was very good.

Mount Gurkha

31 Ashby Road

Loughborough

www.mountgurkha.co.uk

It was called the milestone when it first opened, it never seemed to be a busy pub, you would have thought it would have done well with it being next to an industrial estate.

Latterly, as the Poacher's Pocket it had a few problems with local gangs etc. Ray.