Farrands, Marsdens, Maypole, Dewhurst, VG, Vernons, etc

Farrands Coalville  1965.......i was manager here at this time....i would have put the window posters up  ....great days lodging at Maud's place.....:rolleyes:coalville-broadway-shopping-centre-c1965

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By Request then.............. Like all other aspects of my Teen years,at Marsdens,loved doing deliverys to customers on the Granville with big Basket..no gears and hardwork up the hills of Bestwo

Next delivery was Mrs Taylor....who lived 2 doors from me on Andover road  .......knew her all my life...even Babysat me when i was a little un....a very formidable lady had 5 kids all much older than

Last delivery to Mrs Timberlake...Hucknall road..... Morning Mrs T....Where you want me to put your Order ? Just leave it on the Hall Table Ben...How much is it ?  (she was a customer that p

Posted Images

Spent 10 years working for the VG set-up....worked all over the country for em brilliant people.........b5f9f2bcd97f788d2bf8437c470c51d8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Farrands Coalville  1965.......i was manager here at this time....i would have put the window posters up  ....great days lodging at Maud's place.....:rolleyes:coalville-broadway-shopping-centre-c1965

The shop next along on the right appears to be Timothy Whites - Chemist. Another blast from the past.

• Like 1

Ian.....in what we called the ''Bacon Window'' in Coalville...you would have found ''Libby's or 'Fray Bentos'' Corned Beef at 1/4 per Qtr..........very popular...

• 3 months later...

404986921_10228088269703729_167395747785

Did a stint there early 60s....Sneinton blvd Marsdens.......shop eventually became a small self service store owned by Wilf Harrold and family....1980s.......

Sneinton Boulevard.........

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nice surprise on Facebook this morning.....Thanks to Roger Drew Kirkby in Ashfield.................This photo is of Vernons in Leeds 1969............never knew they had a store there.........9010f79b0683f73c681219b2b1858495

• Like 2

At last found a photo of Long Eaton Marsdens........... Managed this store in 1966....could write a book about my time there.... changed my life foreveer

long-eaton-high-street-c1950_l198002x_la

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

At last found a photo of Long Eaton Marsdens........... Managed this store in 1966....could write a book about my time there.... changed my life foreveer

Looks like the actual building has gone. Sign of the times it's been replaced by a vape shop.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/sc1wCe1MdPzsY7R97

Marsdens was where Shoezone'' is on the photo........next to the alley .....and in my day 'Fine Fare'' was next door...........i think the original photo was taken in the 50s........