Anyone remember.........

Squashing penny's with a train

The fog warning caps that used to fall of the railway line with the aid of a screwdriver ( best bangers ever )

Standing on the metal plate over the side of the railway bridge whilst the steam train went under.

Whips & Tops

Roller skates with the Key & metal wheels

Spinning a button on a piece of string

A game we called Kerbie

Spirit Knocking

Scrumping

Hedge hopping

Dobby with a ball cant remember what we called it ,But it started with Stir the rice etc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is true Stephan but when I come to power I will insist, even make laws that things revert to how they were, ban all trams and re instate a proper railway system using a north to south station so

My bra yes, the change chute, no.

Does anyone remember the enclosed overbridge that went through Victoria Station? I always used to find it an atmospheric sort of place.

yes all those! re the first first, six inch nails given the "railway treatment" made good throwing knives or spear heads! ( wasn't as violent as it sounds) but still a wonder someobdy didn't get killed accidentally, either making them or in our "war games"!

re the second, someone I knew got "expelled" from Peoples College eveing classes after putting a fog cap in the forge! coke etc everywhere!

A game we called Kerbie

Hedge hopping

Kids still play kerbie everywhere today. Amazing that in the days of Xbox and wii, simple stuff like throwing a ball at the kerb can still keep them amused for hours

I'd forgotten hedge-hopping but now it's been mentioned I remember it. Used to happen all over Clifton because all the houses had privet hedges so it was easy to just jump/roll over them into the gardens. Only ever done at night when it was dark, and even then the trick as to get away before anybody looked out of the window

in the words of air raid warden Hodges "You hooligans!" lol, much said already somewhere here re "childhood fun" which must have been annoying for residents like tying back door to front, 2 doors together, or blocking entries with cardboard boxes! but another of our "games" was what we called "Routes" , we'd set off from a certain street and try to get "home" via back gardens, entries, up terraces etc without being seen, never nicking owt or vandalising anything but looking back can see why we got chased at times!

Putting stuff in and taking stuff out of peoples shopping trolleys in "Fine Fare" Carlton Square Shopping Centre.

Stoves Gas fitted oven packed up, would not get very hot.

Faulty Thermostat.

Bought replacement part and Stripped down the casing myself

Required removal of front glass panel & electronic controls

Removed old thermostat, and gas control.

Local Corgi guy connected 3 gas connections and tested for leaks.

I re assembled all the parts and replaced the case.

New oven £600

Parts £68

labour £20

total £88,

Saving £512

Bargain

If you care to look at Post No 1, the topic was ' anyone remember'.......................I remember a game we called 'Dobby Off Ground'...................I'm not losing it, 'cos I only just found it!!

Whoops, sorry guys, you were referring to Mick2me's post.....................................& you're right, he's losing it!!

Tracker....where one peron cleared off around the estate with a piece of chalk...then the others followed the marks/clues he/she left behind..until the person with the chalk was found.

Tracker....where one peron cleared off around the estate with a piece of chalk...then the others followed the marks/clues he/she left behind..until the person with the chalk was found.

....................or not!!

If you care to look at Post No 1, the topic was ' anyone remember'.......................I remember a game we called 'Dobby Off Ground'...................I'm not losing it, 'cos I only just found it!!

Dont get SHIRTY with us & have a Tizzy fit lol, Whatever Shirty means

tapping the top bits while the dial went back.

Pickup the pay phone tap out the number on the switch under where the phone rests free call but totally illegal