best nottingham places?

Wheres your favorite nottingham places? Maybe somewhere with a little meaning to you or just somewhere you love?

.i love belvoir castle! In the summer, me and my boyfriend would drive up n just sit in the fields around it, just chatting.. i love how beautiful it is up there! I also generally love any old building in nottingham .. the ones that are still about n havent been nocked down for flats that is!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of the places I liked probably paved over for car parks now!

Nice idea for a thread. Looks like a good topic for a blog. As as been stated on here before, you can see Belvoir Castle on a clear day from near Arnold. That will do for me. A few more obvious one

Belvoir isn't visible from Arnold per say , but from Mapperly top! (Seeing as Arnold is down the other side of the hill!) Plains Road is a good veiw point , around the Catfoot lane junction, it's arou

Now you mention it.. Im not sure, i always thought it was in Nottingham as it never took long to drive up there

I feel like such a traitor.. thinking belvoir was in nottingham! :( just googled it, it IS in leicestershire..I would of never of thought it was THAT far out, used to take us all of half hour to get there from burton joyce area

Nice idea for a thread. Looks like a good topic for a blog.

As as been stated on here before, you can see Belvoir Castle on a clear day from near Arnold. That will do for me. ;)

A few more obvious ones for me personally:

Bestwood Country Park

Newstead Abbey

St. Barnabas Cathedral

The Bell Inn

Gunthorpe Lock and the Trent Valley Way

• Upvote 1

Stu,

Good list, nothing to challenge with your nominations, but would add

Sherwood Forest

Nottingham Castle

Anywhere in Radford (in the sixties)

Bobbersmill Cafe (in the eighties)

Trent Embankment

Dungeon Club

The list is endless.............just confirms to me how great I thought Nottingham was, back in the day.................

Iv never writen a blog.. wouldnt know what to write in one if i started but its nice to know iv started a thread thats blog-worthy! :)

..& oooh!! Where abouts from arnold can you see belvoir? i do believe i will have to see this for myself when its next clear...i say when, very hopefully..

Belvoir isn't visible from Arnold per say , but from Mapperly top! (Seeing as Arnold is down the other side of the hill!) Plains Road is a good veiw point , around the Catfoot lane junction, it's around 15 .5 miles but it's definately visible.

6519971395_1574c0f635_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

Stu is yer chap on here for finding most of the good hidden things in fields etc, as he goes walking all over the interesting areas that are around.

It's funny you should say that Kev...

On one of my familiar walks recently I took a slight detour and came across this sight. I'm sure the knowledgeable people on here will recognise it but I had walked within a couple of hundred yards of it many, many times without knowing of it's existence.

Where in Nottinghamshire is this?

4-15e986ad-1826181-800.jpg?w=468&h=281

And Stu , no real idea , but it reminds me of the parkland next to the transport heritage centre at Ruddington.

This is going back a bit. Ok, back a lot!

The Arboretum

Trent Embankment

Bulwell Bogs and Bulwell Lido

Market Square, and basically the whole of the city centre before it was decimated

Wollaton Hall

The Trent at Gunthorpe

Sherwood Forest

OOOOH The Trent at Gunthorpe , just below the weir East Bridgford side, wading out about 90 feet, casting line a further 130 foot (See lines on photo), fishing rod in it's cradle, catching big Chub and Barbel (Up to 5 pound and 8 pound respectively)

Oh happy days !!

6526054271_1076790773_b.jpg

Just treated myself to a new reel, it's a model I've been hanging my nose over for 5 years, when they first came out they were around £120, I finally got a brand new one for £29.99p !! (Thanks Amazon !!)